Workout Trainer not Recording to S Health, please help?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Rothman_10_sq_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 11:58pm

Hi. I started using Workout Trainer about six weeks ago with great results. I *love* this app.

I like that it was recording my workout in the Samsung S Health App until recently. But in the last couple of weeks Workout Trainer continues to work as expected EXCEPT that it no longer records my workout to S Health.

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 21, 2015 1:13am
via Android

Mike, click on settings, make sure the "sync with s health" is checked.

Rothman_10_sq_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 21, 2015 4:56pm

Thank you, Laura.  I have confirmed that the "sync with S health" setting is checked, but am still finding that my workouts are *not* syncing.  Any other thoughts?  I appreciate your help.  miker

21 Jul
Mike, I'm having the exact same problem. I don't know for sure, but I think it's because I didn't go PRO. :-)
Rothman_10_sq_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 21, 2015 5:34pm

Sorry to hear that you are also having the problem I'm describing, Monique.  In my case, I have a Pro+ account by virtue of having purchased a Samsung Galaxy phone.  Great phone, by the way.  Best...  miker

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 4:59am
via Android

Check that you have the latest version of Scotland Health installed. They rolled it out since January but I got mine in July, it depends on country and device. The previous version didn't sync with the latest Workout Trainer update. I'm on 4.4.0.0119 now but I'm not sure it's the same everywhere. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're really on the latest version if it says that no updates are available!

If you have the latest S Health update (whole new design with many sports and personal fitness goals about eating and sports e.g.) go to the top right corner, click Options and then Data Authorization (not sure what they call it in English). There you should find Workout Trainer. Grant access and from that point on it should sync.

Good luck

22 Jul
Not Scotland Health of course... damn auto correct...
Rothman_10_sq_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 3:29pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Matthias.  I've confirmed that I'm on version 4.4.0.0119.  I've also confirmed that Settings>Data permissions >Workout Trainer is set to "Allowed to write". 

Workout Trainer did write to S Health up to about three weeks ago, but has since stopped.  I'm not sure what to try next.  

I appreciate your help.  Best...  miker

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 6:16pm
via Android

Hey Mike.

Then I've got one last idea: How do you start your workouts?

I've already noticed myself that not every workout syncs and my last assumption is about the start of the app:

when I find a workout interesting I download it locally to be able to find it back under my offline workouts. The download generates a message in the notification screen of my phone: "Downloaded: XXX". Now instead of running the app directly or out of S Health and searching the workout in my list as usual, I can also open the workout by clicking on that notification and do it right away. I'm not 100% sure but it seems that workouts opened via notification bar are not synced.

May that be the case in your situation? I suggest trying to open Workout Trainer via S Health (search in the partner apps and klick on it), do a workout and check the synchronisation.

If it doesn't work I suggest writing an email to support@skimble.com. It may take a few days but there should be someone taking care of your problem. Maybe they have another idea.

Cheers

Rothman_10_sq_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 6:22pm

Interesting suggestion, Matthias.  I'll give it a try.  Many thanks.  miker

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51