Running hurts

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 3, 2013 8:04pm
via iOS
Hi! So I have this problem that when I run everything is ok nothing hurts. But suddenly this awful pain comes into my stomach and it doesn't stop before I stop even though i want to run. I usually eat before i go running and strech so why does this pain come?? What should i do from not getting the pain again?
03 Apr
I think it's more a muscular pain:/
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 11:26am
via Android

hm i think this isnt really grave most runners have this problems me too. running directly after eating can cause this pain if u still have it u just have to go through it balding ur fist can help

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 1:29pm
via iOS
Thanks!!:)
369360_100000536027689_2068288892_n_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 7, 2013 8:57am
via Android

Do you run mornings or afternoon's?

07 Apr
More in the mornings..why:D
07 Apr
Try to run without eating, only drink at least half litre of water. When you feel pain, contract your abdomen and it will make you feel better. Try it and tell me what happen. Remember, only if you run mornings.
07 Apr
Ok i'll try
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Apr 7, 2013 9:11am
via iOS
Daniels right. Give yourself at least 2hours after you eat so starts to break down the food. Jogging while your food is digesting puts your digestive system in alot of strain hence your pains
07 Apr
*so your body starts*
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 7, 2013 10:26am
via Android

When you eat before running it means that as you run, food is being digested.
And while the food is digesting it requires energy to do so which often cause the stomach pain aka stitch. When a such occurs the best thing to do is take in deep breaths which opens up the lungs giving you more oxygen for energy. To avoid the stomach pains you should aim to run say maybe an hour after you eat. Hope this helps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51