Asthma runners??

5 posts | Original | Recent

157871_600893078_2106922759_n_thumb
50 Posts
May 4, 2013 12:02pm
via Android

So i've got asthma and it prevents me from running very far very long. I just had a baby boy almost 3 months ago and I would like to be able to run around ans chase him when he gets older. Without risking an asthma attack. :P Anybody got any tips as to how I would go about training myself for running??? :)

04 May
I don't have asthma but I would say just build yourself up gradually like any beginning runner would do then take it from there. But always keep ur medication or inhaler w/ u ..whatever it is u use for asthma. Hope that helps! Oh and congrats on the sweet baby boy!!! :)
04 May
Thanks! :) He'd a sweety. :3 lolz And I gotta get another inhaler. It's never really been very bad unless I run for too long. :) Thanks for the comment!
05 May
Use a treadmill.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 4, 2013 12:10pm
via Android

I have asthma and I've never been able to afford an inhaler so cardio has been hard at first, I just try to build it up slowly and take breaks whenever ever I feel like I need to. If you own an inhaler, use it before you go on a run as that helped me in the past.
I don't actually know veeery much about it, this is just what I do to avoid an attack. Hope I helped!

04 May
Thanks for your comment! :) I've never had to use mine before. Cpl of close calls but usually only happens when I run too fast and too long.
Image_thumb
22 Posts
May 4, 2013 12:11pm
via iOS
Yup! That is unfair because that can cause your death. Ask your nearby hospital
04 May
Thanks! :) I think I will ask my doctor.
Image_thumb
217 Posts
May 4, 2013 2:34pm
via iOS
I have asthma! Luckily I'm at an age where inhalers are free (they're free in the UK if you're in education) I struggled at first like really bad- I had really bad asthma, but now it doesn't really affect me. Start slow, dont wear yourself out and don't puh yourself so much that you're gasping for breath! Good luck!:-)
04 May
I wish I got free inhalers! :P lolz Thanks for your comment. :)
05 May
What country are you from?:')
05 May
The US. :)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 6, 2013 2:15am
via iOS
Hey I have asthma! It's really bad to I have what look like siezures from the lack of air to my brain and I can't tell you how many times I have almost died from it...but I love running...and it doesn't really make me have an asthma attack if I do it right. Some days before I run I take my inhaler...I run on the treadmill...and always have water to sep on don't take big gulps cause it will just sit there in you stumcah and make you sick. Try to pace your self. Also take lil brakes when you fell like you need it asthma is a life threatening condition. Hope this helps.
06 May
Ugh! That sounds awful!! But thanks for your comment! It Was helpful. :)
06 May
Welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51