Herniated Disk recovery

2 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
May 13, 2013 2:47pm

I have had three herniated disks removed, about 8 years ago.

Just like the knee, the pain always comes back, I was very tired of having so much pain, but I started back in the gym, with very light workouts.

Targeting my core, legs, and cardio to lower the weight of my body. I now feel great, but when I stop the visits to the gym, pain returns.

I am turning 36 this year, so its time to really get into working out.

Has anyone had the same issues with Herniated Disks, I would love to hear new ideas, or motivation in how to deal with this issue. The same goes out to anyone in need of help.

18 Jan
Hi,, I have had 3 herniated discs an I have rods an screws. UT both my knees r killing me so bad. Idk what to do. I we'd HELP.
2 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 7:41pm

Hello John,

Sorry to hear about your back man.  I wouldn´t wish it on my worst enemies.  I know what you are going through.  My response to your question is how bad are the herrinated disks.  I ask this because in my case I had no choice but to operate, because it was so bad that I wasn´t able to workout, or strenghen my muscles.  If light excersises could be an option(ask your doctor)  I would totally recommend opting the surgery for excersise.  Its like the knee, always moving so it makes it hard for one surgery to make it all better.  

In my case, I did improve my moblization by a lot because in my case it was way to complex for me to move.  After 5 years of the surgery the pain returned not so bad, but it returned.  I felt like crying at that point.  I then did what I wish I did before, which was to workout.  

Let me tell you, it will hurt a lot.  But remember everytime you workout a muscle it will irritate the nerve in your back.  But it will also get stronger for it to help you support your back in the furture.  

Your legs are very important!!!

Make your legs, core, strong and it will help you.  I have been pain free for over 3 years.  Just concentrate on a perfect form when working out.  If you dont have to much experience with weights or a gym, I highly recommend a personal trainer to start with.

Hope this was helpful, and I wish you best of luck.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51