Hit the Plateau

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 1:35am
via iOS
Does anyone have ideas on how to keep losing weight (and not just inches) during the plateau. I've been stuck for a few weeks and my trainer and I have been ramping up for some time now (went from weights to circuit strength training). Help!
22 Jul
Im in the same situation after 30 pounds dropped. :l
22 Jul
I just weighed in today and I've starting losing again. Everything everyone has said here is true for me. You have to be patient and increase your intensity and watch what you are eating. But the people that have posted here so far have studied more. I'm working on reading more myself.
23 Jul
Congrats on breaking your plateau!
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 2:30am
via iOS
It is not good to get many carbs and a little fats. Good fats will actually help you to lose weight, and too many carbs will make you gain it. Start by cutting your carbs a little bit and replace them with protein and good sources of fat (nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil, etc). Make your exercising for a shorter period of time and more intense. Do HIIT and sprint training and keep the strength training. Perseverance and patience are your best friends; the weight will come off, you just need to be persistent. 

Good luck and God bless!
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 3:01am
via iOS
Good fats do not give you heart problems. The reason experts say that fat gives heart problems, is because unhealthy fats cause you to gain weight which causes the heart problems, but good fats do not make you gain weight, and, therefore, do not cause heart problems. Excessive consummation of fat (even healthy fat) is not healthy and will make you gain weight, but under no circumstance should it be greatly limited. For instance, a diet with 50% fat consisting of high amounts of peanut oil and hydrogenated soybean oil will cause weight gain and, consequently, heart problems. Protein will cause problems, if it is consumed excessively, and even that depends on the protein itself. Good proteins like chicken, turkey, fish, and lean beef will cause no problems, if they are consumed in the right amounts. For example, a diet of 70% unhealthy protein (high in saturated fat) will cause anatomical problems. Good carbs will not cause any problems either, but when someone is trying to lose weight, the carbs should be limited, because they cause a person's blood sugar to spike which causes weight gain. Now, it is good to eat vegetables, but those are very low in carbs in general. Good protein and good fat cause no spikes in blood sugar and will not cause weight gain unless consumed excessively. In my opinion, a person's diet should be 45% good protein, 30% good fat, and 25% good carbs (like vegetables), if they are trying to lose weight. The carbs that should be eaten include non-starchy vegetables and low sugar fruits.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 3:13am
via iOS
Thanks everyone. I have lupus and glomerulonephritis so I have to be a careful with everything I do but I'm glad to hear that I am on the right track. Lost 20lbs so far looking for that last 20. I heard about the 45% protein before and I am working on meeting that. When I first started I was about 40% but I was always so full, even eating a little 6 times a day. But then again I was also eating insane amounts of fiber. I will work on everything suggested here. Thanks again!
22 Jul
Good luck on reaching you goals!
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 22, 2013 3:51pm
via Android

In 14 and want to loose weight fast what can i do to loose weight fast. Its summer and want to be able to get into tang tops

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 4:30pm
via Android

I'm 13 and I have lost about 5 pounds during summer. Try and stop yourself from eating sweets and junk foods. And try eating healthy snacks like apples and granola bars.

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 3:38am
via iOS
I uploaded a photo on how to beat a weightloss plateau. Browse through my photos and check it out

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51