Hey guys is a diet of buttered bread, noddles, and water a bad diet?

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 7:07am
via iOS
Well you see I'm low on food and i love toast, so when ever I'm hungry i eat 2 pieces of buttered toast, and for a meal ill eat like noodles of some sort. I drink a lot of water to. What do you guys thinks?
30 Jul
Yes....no veggys with all starch can build up and without the nutrition u get from veggys it can cause potential problems later on .....ur body will start to reject veggys......I think u should eat a salad or some type of veggys and still do the diet....but butter is bad try substitutes
31 Jul
It will keep you alive but you may not feel very well =( try to eat whole grain bread and pasta if you must but veggies would be better. Even if you buy those giant bags of frozen veggies and munch on then throughout the day. The fiber will leave you feeling fuller longer and you won't get the sugar crash from the carbs.
31 Jul
No... Those are bad carbs. Stick with fruits and vegetables and eat protein after a work out. Noodles are horrible for you!
05 Aug
That's bad
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 8:28am
via Android

A balance meal is better cause u only getting one part of the food group look on the internet for cheap healthy meals. If u cant afford it or dont knw how to cook u can always.Try to  whole grain cereal with slices of real fruit with a sideof toast w/o butter. Instead

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 10:34am
via Android

Yes.  Not healthy at all.  You need a proper balanced diet to be healthy

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 11:47am
via iOS
Doesn't matter what u eat as long as ur counting calories. Download my fitness pal . And make a profile of ur height and current weight and it will tell you how many calories to have. For instance if it starts u off at 1200 a day u get 1200 a day then. Not more then that and not less. So if u wanna eat ur toast with butter just punch that in on ur fitness pal  and it will let u kno how many calories 1 slice of bread with butter is which is 280 if its the thick slices. So then that leaves u with just 920 calories for the day and ur noddles might be 180 to 200 . So yea as long as ur counting u can eat what u want. Just don't go over calories nor under. Gud luck
30 Jul
If she actually counted the cals in the noodles, bread and butter she would more than likely be over everyday.
30 Jul
Also calories are most made up from fats, carbs and proteins so it's does matter because it's essential to have vitamins minerals and fibre too! You need to have a balanced diet for. Healthy body!!
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 12:52pm
via iOS
Wow that is not healthy at all. If you must eat bread, I would suggest whole wheat or low carb. If you must eat noodles, go with whole wheat. If you must eat butter find a low fat, version or a spray. 

What your eating isn't fueling your body well. You need fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Simple Carbs should be the lower end of the food group, if they must be on their. My carbs are brown rice, quinoa, and sweet potatoes.

You look fairly young in your pic. You can possibly get away with eating like that now, but it will catch up to you. 

What are your health goals?!!!
30 Jul
To lose 50 pounds in a year, and im trying to stay a vegetarian but like i said running a bit low on food, i want to eat the right amount of food
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 1:29pm
via iOS
Start increasing you fruit and vegetable intake :) also maybe eat salad with tofu or meat and lentils.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 6:32pm
via iOS
Thanks guys :) yes i am a bit clueless haha im just starting on trying a good diet and working out! But thanks it does help! If you guys have and cool recipes please tell!
30 Jul
I wasn't calling you clueless. You are doing what you need to do. But the person that told you to eat whatever you want once you don't go over a certain amount of calories. I know you only have a certain amount of money. But your body needs fuel to run and bread and noodles won't do that. Is there any markets around you could buy cheap fruit and veg?
30 Jul
Yeah don't listen to janay she.is full of bull!!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 7:39pm
via iOS
Yes you need lots and lots of veggies!!! And when it comes to bread you want to look for kinds made with anything but wheat (our modern genetically modified version of wheat is essentially poison) but if you can't get any other grain go with whole wheat over white. Same goes for pasta. I know how it is to be low on food but just stock up on fresh produce and you'll be great!
30 Jul
Oh and you're asking for recipes and I see you're vegetarian check my thread "any vegetarians?" For lots of recipe sites!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 31, 2013 2:58am
via Android

The bread and noodles have a lot of carbs and too many carbs can be bad for you. But a good diet is no carb diet. Choose things to eat that have no carbs for 2 weeks and you'll definitely find a nice surprise on the scale.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 4:42am
via iOS
She's probably just trolling, I highly doubt anyone thinks that's a healthy diet.
01 Aug
Who me?
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 8:11am
via Android

I'm going to have to say no. Good job on drinking only water but you need protein if you are going to be working out. Buttered toast/bread is not a great thing to eat but it could be worse. Butter has a good fat in it and I know it sounds weird to read "good fat" bur trust me the fat in butter is better for your thyroid than the fat in margarine even though margarine has less fat and is lower on calorie count. Focus less on calorie count and more on natural healthy food. Go for whole wheat bread and don't fall for multi grain bread. It sounds good for you but it actually is not. Whole grain bread is better for you. While whole grain pasta is better than regular pasta, I would advice against eating it constantly. Go for whole grain rice, it is healthier than whole grain pasta because it is straight from the plant vs. being created with flour water and eggs.(I think I missed an ingredient) Fruits and vegetables are very important but I understand the difficulty of affording them so stick with stuff that is in season and on sale. I suggest going to places like Winco or Food for less or even a super Wal-Mart. Oh and while many people think Subway is the health pinnacle of easy to go food, it has some unhealthy secrets. Ever wondered why theirs tomatoes always have the same bright red to them that looks barely like tomatoes you by at a grocery store? Or why all the food has a brighter look and brighter colors than you would think it would have for food exposed to fresh air? Chemicals. Lots of different chemicals to make it look appealing. 

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 11:48am
via Android

Butter isn't as bad as all the other people say it is. just packed with calories but it's way better than most of the alternatives. We need fat as part of our daily calories. It's probably the best thing out of your diet you listed.

If you can, switch to brown rice instead of noodles. It's also cheap but packs way more nutrition into a food that is packaged in a way healthier whole grain carb.

260872_1461442907_286894367_n_thumb
51 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 3:23pm
via iOS
Scanning your posts I see you want to stay vegetarian and it seems you might have a small budget...!

May I recommend beans? Preferably not the canned kind, buy them dry and cook them yourself. They cost a couple bucks a bag and its enough to feed you for a whole week. its a 2-day prep though, so make sure you lan ahead. Lima beans are some of my favorite, but there are also kidney beans, black beans, etc. And you definitely need to add some fruits n veggies...carrots, apples, and other fruits are very affordable in price.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51