Beginner running...tip????

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 4:07am
via Android

What plan should I follow? I want to run, but I'm so out of shape. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 4:13am
via Android

Well im a runner first thing about running is leg and core try lunges squats and small abs workout do 2to 5min workout for beginers than move your way to more harder workout.

01 Aug
Thanks, will do!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 4:36am
via iOS
Hey, I'm Hannah and I'm a beginning runner (since July)  too. One thing I learned while running is that you feel even better if you try to jog as much as you can. By that, I mean when your power walking, think to yourself okay I'm not out of breath, lets jog a little. And then jog just until your starting to get out of breath and then keep power walking, feels great :)
01 Aug
Try intervals.... And don't give up. :)
01 Aug
Thank you very much!
04 Aug
I feel the exact same way. a good way to get into running shape is to try very hard to push yourself. my gymnastics coach made us run about 2.5 miles on Saturdays. when we first started I was so tired I felt like walking one mile before the end. I ended up finishing anyways and for weeks to come kept on trying to be faster running the same distance. by the end of the school year I was running a mile in under 5:40 without really pushing myself too hard. it's really up to he actions you take that's...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 10:36am
via iOS
Ive been running competitivly and for fun the past 6 years and my advice is to start out out small and work ur way up. For example one morning go for a run and try to do a mile and work on improving your mile till you are comfortable enough to advance to 2 miles and then 3 miles and so on.... Good luck hopefully this gelped a little! 
01 Aug
Thanks Megan! I'll try that!
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 7:43pm
via Android

I've been running for a couple of months now.
Some things I've learned...

1. Run in intervals. Start out small. Run for 5 mins straight, walk briskly for 2, run for another 5...

2. Try and run with a friend. My best friend & I would make a weekly running date. We would push each other to run harder. We also keep each other accountable.

3. Eat right. What you eat affects your stamina & how much energy you have to run. (For me this is the hardest).

The more you run, the better you get. Trust me. When I first started, I couldn't run more than 7 mins; now I run 30 mins minimum.

01 Aug
Thank you, very encouraging!
01 Aug
You're welcome :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 9:57pm
via Android

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll start doing what you ask suggest. It seems very reasonable!

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 2, 2013 3:52am
via Android

How long did this improvement take you? I've been running for over 3 months..and I still can't run for 11+ minutes non-stop! =(

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 2, 2013 4:11am
via Android

It depends on how ur body handle the heat if u sweat slot ur body will cool down but is also depend on the speed u going too.the stronger u core is the faster and longer u can run. Everybody not the same but if u want to knw a little secrete about running only select ppl knw.moving ur arm and legs at the same rate make u last longer dont be so tense relax to do this ur arm are slightly bent ur move them from top of hip to chest alternate arms and legs make sure ur left leg move the same time as ur right arm after u learn this basic tip u see ur improvment by 5min if practice correctly

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 4:43am
via Android

If ur not able to maintain a constant running speed for 5-10min  you should start of by walking for 2min and jogging for 30 sec and keep repeatimg the same thing over and over until you had finished almost an hour I started like that and now I can run a complete marathon without resting and im still 14 I can finish it in  3hrs and a couple of extra minutes also I came in 42nd place in the 5k race that had 6,800 competitors and that was my first race in my life

Image_thumb
222 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 12:53pm
via Android

Are you continuing to run presently.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51