Do I need to lose weight or not?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 9:50am
via Android

I am 165-ish centimetres and weigh 60 kilograms...so thats about 5 foot 5 and 130 pounds and Im 25 years old. I am pretty comfortable with my body - I had a baby just 6 1/2 months ago - but I don't know what you fitness kids think? I think BMI is bogus because it doesnt take into account muscle mass. So what does everyone think? Whats a sexy weight for a 5 foot 5 girl?

07 Aug
What does your other half think? That's what matters. :-)
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 3:44pm
via iOS
Generally, if the middle digit of height measurement is the same as the first digit in weight, you're looking good.

Simple, but easy.
01 Aug
In centimetres that is :)
01 Aug
Oh, and kilos
Image_thumb
149 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 3:59pm
via Android

You look beautiful to me lol so ill say no

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 5:10am
via iOS
No you don't need to lose weight, you sound like you are at a good place weight wise to me. It's nice to see someone who isnt obsessed with trying to lose weight after having a baby and congratulations by the way 
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:12am
via Android

Bmi is good for measuring trends in a large population (for instance when the average bmi of the us goes up it tells us ee continue to get fatter as a nation), but bmi is horrible on an individual level because everyone's body type is not standard.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 9:11am
via Android

It just seems like the media sends out the message that 110-120 pounds is healthy for height thats 10-15 kilos lighter than me...so i was just curious. I think im comfortable in my body I would like to be a bit more toned and fit (fit as in cardiovascular fitness Id love to.be able to.jog 5 km like I used to instead I huff and puff after a flight of stairs haha). So those are my main goals. Weight loss not so much a focus point for me at the moment.

05 Aug
Thanks everyone this has made me feel better. Im not so worried about losing weight now. I am however going to clean up my eating...since having bubs ive been craving salt and sweet but mainly bread...and i usually give in haha. So august is my clean eating month :)
Image_thumb
149 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 9:30am
via Android

Good good hope ypu and your kids have a nice month ... And the rest of eternity lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51