28 Lemon Squeeze Challenge

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 11:38am
via iOS
I see a lot of posts about weight loss and questions about the best way to start losing weight. While its no secret that eliminating processed foods, minimizing sugar, and incorporating a more whole, clean way of eating will ultimately allow your body to better itself and maximize your exercise efforts, it's not always easy to just stop eating the foods we've grown to love (I'm a pasta with butter girl myself). I know it's a bit of a trend right now to find the fastest ways to drop weight, and a lot of the diet require a drastic cold turkey type approach to lifestyle changes. Not only does that approach require iron clad willpower, but it also requires ignoring the headaches, fatigue, and even mood swings when trying to break the body free of most people's addiction to caffeine and sugar. Some people leave out those less then tantalizing side effects or don't admit to ever experiencing them. I had a constant migraine when I eliminated coffee (not saying you have to) from my routine and and even more noticeable decrease in energy when I stopped pounding the simple carbs two or three times a day. So, I sympathize with anyone who wants to break habits but the side effects make it almost unbearable to see it through.
So here's the challenge. We know it takes between 21 to 28 days to form a habit. For 28 days I'm challenging you to drink a cup of warm water with half a lemon squeezed. Do this when you wake up about 20 to 30 min before you eat. To check out the extensive list of benefits from drinking warm lemon water, check out this article http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4769/Why-You-Should-Drink-Warm-Water-Lemon.html
Any questions, feel free to ask. So who's in?
03 Aug
Yeah mate, good call. I've been doing this for an couple months now. Brilliant for the body. Get amongst
03 Aug
It's one of those small changes that helps your body prepare for the other changes. :-)
275748_100000936024545_193341554_n_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 3, 2013 9:03am
Hi, I've heard of this before, im going to try it, thank you :)
03 Aug
Great! I drink about 8-12 oz warm water with half a fresh lemon squeezed in. I don't know how much you like lemon, but if you just enjoy the taste you might've also heard if the lemon, cucumber, mint concoction?
03 Aug
Hey, yeah, I have that one also, tomorrow I am going to do some slight exercise, but I have to be careful because of the lupus and fibromyalgia, thank you hun, im now following you :)
06 Aug
I'm following you too now. How did the light exercise go for you?
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 8:37pm
via Android

Guess im in, its part of my day already.

06 Aug
Awesome. Great that you already have that habit. :-)
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 8:53pm
via Android

I love lemon so Most definitely in.

06 Aug
Me too! Lemons are so good.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 9:08pm
via iOS
Might as well try it!
06 Aug
Yeah, why not? ;-) I see it the same way as brushing my teeth or taking my vitamins. It's just routine. Let me know if you like it.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 10:13pm
via Android

Im in

07 Aug
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 11, 2013 12:46am
via iOS
Be sure guys to choose the right lemon there is a big difference in the rough skin lemon an the plain smooth skin one the rough skin is very high an well alkaline an its even so powerful it breaks down the acidic liquids within the body an the smooth skin lemon has a lot of  acid so you all be careful

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51