Eating less with parents around?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 11:23am
via Android

I hate my body bc its so fat.And Ive had people make me feel bad about it.I really want to lose weight and Im working out but I cant diet bc of my parents.They let me stay away from junk food but arent letting me cut down on carbs.They insist on me eating quite a lot of rice.If I try to explain they tell me Ill fall sick if I eat any less.What do I do?

12 Aug
Maybe try to talk to them about eating less rice and more vegetables? Its alot healthier and helps with loosing weight. I have the same problem as you and thats how I worked it out :) good luck
12 Aug
I've had the exact problem and its worse because my family is Mexican & they do so many great foods! I just started my diet the past Sunday & i survived! Im trying to motivate my mom into cutting some foods & eating healthy. I even try to motivate her to come walk to the park at least 1 mile. I guess since she sees that Im very serious about losing weight, it makes her want to also! Try talking to your parents about you healthy lifestyle change & motivate them! Good luck :)
13 Nov
If you can persuade them to let you take it to school for lunch, you can eat as little or as much as you want.
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 11:29am
via Android

Yeah I did talk to my mom about it but her idea of less is my idea of too much

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 12:30pm
via iOS
Maybe ask to change to brown rice, instead of white? Parents are pretty observant, you don't look obese in your photo and I would assume your on the young side if your living with your parents.

You need carbs, just need to pick the good ones, brown rice, quinoa, sweet  potatoes, etc 

Also you need to remember if your under 18 your still growing and developing. 
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 2:03pm
via Android

Just eat  5 small meals a day.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 2:15pm
via iOS
If your mom insists on her rice then, go for Brown rice. It's way healthier than white rice. It's all about complex carbs versus simple carbs.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51