How To Help My Mom (please answer)?!!!!?!?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 8:29pm
via Android

So over the past month I have been exercising a lot and dieting. I've been really working hard to reach my goals and my mom has seen my effort. She is in her early 50's and is overweight. She recently asked me to help her by being her dietitian and workout buddy, I gladly said yes. However, there were not many postings in the Nifty Fifty section so I'm not sure what to go on. I am still a teenager so she obviously can't do the exact exercises I am doing. She also has back problems. I want to help her as much as possible but I don't want to push her too far or hurt her! Please, tell me what would be the best workouts for her to start off with. I was thinking maybe yoga and some casual cardio workouts? I know she wants to lose weight and maybe tone up. I feel like it will really make her happy if she sees results and I don't want her to get depressed because she can't do something so what would be the best for her diet (I was going to sign her up on my fitnesspal) and exercise plan???

12 Aug
Send her to the post I started, anyone over 35...most of us are 40,50 and a few 60 yr olds :)
12 Aug
I would suggest just walking or something that's not too much pounding to cause her back to hurt. Have her make small eating changes, change white rice for Brown, regular potatoes for sweet. Etc. lean protein and fruits and veggies. Start off simple as to not overwhelm her, and have her use this app and msybe the Lose It app to track calories. It keeps me accountable and I'm still able to eat what I want just have to measure it
12 Aug
Okay, I'll definitely send her your way! Thanks so much for the great advice :D
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Aug 13, 2013 1:53pm
via Android

I don't have much advice other than maybe try walking at first so she can loose weight and build a little muscle.

Just wanted to say its awesome you got your mom interested in fitness! Go you!!

13 Aug
Okay, I'll do that. And thanks a bunch! :D
13 Aug
Your welcome!
Image_thumb
94 Posts
Aug 13, 2013 3:29pm
via Android

Walking is much a good place to start.  And it could be s good time for you two to bond.  Ease her into healthy choices. It's awesome that you have inspired her to make a change :)

13 Aug
Okay, I'll start with walking! And thanks, I'm glad she's trying to get fit too :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51