School and fitness???

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 12:37am
via iOS
So this is my Junior year of high school and during the summer I'd finally motivated myself to really start being healthier. I'm trying to get 8 hours of sleep and workout along with studying. However, now that school has started I've lost eight hours that I used to spend working out or doing other daily things like clean. I was wondering if there was a little extra thing to do maybe during school to help burn some more calories. Especially since I noticed on my step tracker that my steps in the day went down by 5,000 to 3,000 which really shocked me because of the size of my school. Any tips or advice because I don't feel as healthy anymore with such a drop in activity level and I really want to become fit and healthy.
28 Aug
Well for the steps part u could try moving your feet in your chair as if you were walking or just up and down
28 Aug
It will be hard to make up the time you had now that your day is full with school, other than small things like taking stairs, walking when you have breaks, etc. The good news is you are still getting a good number of steps in, but it probably means trying to find time after school to catch up on the steps, activity you lost now that school has started. Don't see a way to do much during school, but trying to prioritize working out after school seems like the way to go... to get back to the 5000 steps....
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 12:06pm
via Android

How do you travel to school? This can be an easy starter for a change.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:36am

I take the bus. I don't live near the best neighborhoods so my parents don't let me walk, otherwise I would try that. I used to walk home but now that all of my older siblings graduated. .  . :/

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:42am

thanks, I try to take the longer way around to get to classes and still make it on time. I tend to fidget alot now but I have less energy as well. It's just weird and a little bothersome. But I agree, once everything with school becomes more normal (only been like a week or two since I started back) I'll have to make time in my schedule for exercising again. :O Thanks for the sudgestions though. :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 2:43am
via Android

You can do stomach exercises during class.  Breath in and hold your stomach muscles like that for like 5 seconds, over and over.  You can also do this with thigh and butt muscles without being too noticeable

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51