Help my friend!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 10:37pm
via Android

My friend wants to lose 40 pounds in six weeks. Is that possible with this app?

31 Aug
Maybe. Depending how long she workouts out each day, what she eats and how motivated she is. She might not lose 40lb put a pretty descent amount
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 11:01pm
via iOS
How old is your friend?
04 Sep
She's twelve,like me.
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 7:24am
via iOS
That is a ridiculous weight to lose in so little time. Not only do I doubt she could pull it off, I highly advise against it.

At age twelve, her breasts are not even formed yet, her bones are actively growing and her hormones are far from being stabilized. Weight loss and diet are for grown-ups, especially the aggressive types like the one you are suggesting.

What she should do for now is get active. She should walk places instead of using transport, take up biking as a means of transport, should find a pastime that makes her move her body, take walks after meals and take a hard look at what she is eating. Instead of dieting, she should just eat consciously, limiting the obvious bad choices like fast food, chips, soda and sweets. Lots of wholesome stuff like fruits and veggies, lean meat and fish, and just varied stuff, not always her favorites.

If she is overweight or heavy, she might want to talk to her doctor and see why, so they can work together to find the best way to shed some weight and make her fit.
05 Sep
Yeah he right but she can do this program but hasnto be moderate and she should healthy but oonly 30:00 min. Oh and im twelve too
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 11:19pm
via iOS
I think main thing here is does she want this short term or long term? It's possible to start workouts and eating healthy but she's got to be reasonable and not push herself so much.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 11:30pm
via Android

She is working on it,the last time I checked,she had been eating carrots at snack and did yoga with me at home last weekend.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 11:31pm
via iOS
Sounds like she's motivated :) good for her!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51