Weight Training

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 1:00am
via Android

New to site, plus haven't worked out in a very long time. I plan on doing cardio in the AM for 45 minutes to burn off fat & calories but I need to build up my lower body since I am an apple shape. (But hide it well under clothing.) I have no leg strength. From what I've read, to build up mass I need lower reps, higher weights. I plan on doing weights after 8pm. How long should I weight train, or how many different exercises. Would 30-60 mins work??

03 Sep
You should use a weight that you can get 8-10 reps out of and your workouts should consist of 4 or 5 workouts that you do 4 sets of 5 reps with 30 seconds between each set and 2 minutes between each workout. Hope this helps:-)
03 Sep
I have been going to a weight training class at good life gym for the last two years. I don't have any weights at home. Any suggestions regarding start weights. I use 20 lbs for chest and 14 lbs for arms now.
03 Sep
Thx Isreal!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 2:55am
via Android

Its neva too late to improve urself in terms of fitness. I would suggest u start out slow n easy. U need a routine that's realistic n something ur gonna stick too. In terms of working on ur problem area it will take twice the motivation to get to ur goal so starting out at 30 mins would b ideal n work ur way up to n hour but nothing past n hour. Goin heavy builds n goin light tones, good luck hope u ready to put that work in

03 Sep
Thx Ozzy... I tend to try to lose motivation if its too hard. Story of my life. But this time I feel better prepared, won't try for expert level just yet!!
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 10:02pm
via Android

Good advice from Ozzie.  Take it slow and the weight low to start with.  That way you will protect your joints and still get a burn, I promise you.  Why not ask the gym staff for some exercises to get you started?

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 4:25am
via Android

Good comment, I'm a personal trainer I would've suggested something similar

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51