Loosing inches not weight.....

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 4:03pm
via Android

I am regularly doing walk and medium workout from last 3 to 4 months, result is I m loosing inches but not weight....can anyone suggest some tips....so I can loose weight as well.....

06 Sep
Then u may take sugessions from a nutrician... i think it may gives u the clarity about ur prblm..
06 Sep
Muscle weighs more than fat. You're doing good if you're losing inches. You're shaping up. You're in the middle phase. Keep doing what you're doing and soon enough the muscle will start burning the fat and you'll level out. Just make sure you're exercise regimen is not developing muscle bulk and then of course you'll weigh a lot. If you want slender them stick to toning exercises. Take care! Congratulations!
07 Sep
1lb of muscle is =to 1lb of fat. The difference is it is more condensed. Losing inches is fantastic. Don't let the scale rule you. You are gaining muscles & building a healthier you. I am currently 120lb with a 22in waist. I used 113lb with a 27in waist. I prefer my toned & tight 120lb to my squishy 113lb. :) keep building a better you & worry less about the magic # in your head that's been tearing you down.
Icon_missing_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 4:22pm
via iOS
The reason you're losing inches and not weight is because you're gaining muscle density through your walks. Don't worry. It's completely normal, and a good thing! While you're losing fat you're gaining muscles at the same time, so it appears like you're not making any progress. But those muscles burn fat even faster. To drop numbers on the scale a little faster you'll need to add a couple exercises to your walking plan. Just 5 minutes a day to focus on building muscles in any areas where you feel some extra weight can come off, and those muscles will do all the work for you. But don't feel discouraged! The inches is where it really counts!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 4:31pm
via Android

Thanks Eric..I have started exercise as well...lets see what will be the results....

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 7:44pm
via Android

Took the words right out of my mouth! Right on!

Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 8:03pm
via iOS
I don't see how this is a problem. As long as you can see physical results, that is, losing the inches then why do you need validation from a scale? :/ 
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 9:43pm
via iOS
You are doing really great! If you lose inches, that means you are burning fat. If you don't lose weight, it is because you are building muscle. That pace is just right, as you are mainly reducing your body fat without any other significant change (well, you probably look better ). Keep going until you are lean (relatively low body fat). You might already have lost enough weight by then.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 3:39am
via Android

Thanx lena....i m using 1 kg dumbles for toning my arms.....is it safe?????

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 4:06am
via Android

ppl wanna lose weight to look better don't they? To look slim, fit, toned, sexy. usually we use weight just as a mental representation for size, when in actuality, inches is, of course, a more accurate measurement of size. losing inches is the whole goal!  You're doing great!

Don't worry about that muscle weight. As a woman, normally you would have to be doing crazy diet and supplements and workouts to get "TOO" muscley. You're gonna be beautiful just keep doing what yer doing.

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 4:28am
via Android

Inches are a far better measure than your scale. Congrats you are doing great. A 2 kilo weight should be fine to start.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51