Eating healthy

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 5:39am
via Android

I'm trying to eat better so I can have a healthy body and be more fit but I'm not exactly sure which foods to eat. I know I need some grains and fruits and protein, but I'm not sure what to eat. I don't like fish or many veggies, either. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 10:27am
via Android

It's really not that hard to eat healthy. When looking at your plate or bowl think color. The more colors you have the healthier it is-and not dyed foods. Trade out snacks like chips, cookies, fruit gummies, etc. with lighter chips-Sun chips, Special K chips or even kettle cooked-replace cookies with fruit or yogurt-you can even add chocolate chips to your yogurt for something sweeter-also try hummus, there are some yummy hummus flavors that taste great with veggies. If you're worried about meals, stay away from fried foods, foods cooked in tons of grease or high in fats, salt and sugars. It's okay to indulge every now and then but moderation is key. Whole grains are great for staying thin and great for your heart. If you don't like too many fruits and veggies try smoothies, throw in all kinds of fruits and veggies into a blender and throw in a banana or apple-they're flavors are very powerful and will dominate the smoothies flavor. Also, try substituting beef with turkey meat. Turkey meat is lower in fat and is almost completely unnoticeable in burgers. You can also substitute some meals that have meats with eggs. Try adding baby spinach or kale to sandwiches instead of lettuce. Make sure your breakfast is wholesome too. I'm not a big egg fan but my favorite is an egg sandwich on an english muffin, everything bagel or honey wheat toast with cheese and baby spinach or kale. Milk isn't one of my faves either, I try to drink a glass with lunch but I always add a tablespoon of strawberry or chocolate syrup-it's the only reason I keep it in the house. Hope that helps :)

08 Sep
Thank you so much! It really does. I will try those ideas
Sep 7, 2013 10:40am
via Android

google it lol

08 Sep
google seems to have an answer for almost anything lol
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 7, 2013 11:01am
via Android

Jenifier you are so beautiful

07 Sep
Start out light, drop the portions of food making them smaller, then slowly cut out the junk. Its worked for me, thats the easiest way I found. Hope this helps! Goodluck
08 Sep
Thank you! That's exactly what I need to do. I used to eat too much and now I'm not sure how much I should be eating but I guess that only comes with experience. Again thanks:)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 7, 2013 11:14am
via Android

Hi Jennifer, cut down on salt, sugar and oil. Eat small portions as it keeps the body's metabolism going. Try and not sit on the dining table after your meal as u tend to eat a bit more. Barre Body Slim Down

08 Sep
I really need to cut those things out more. But I'm trying to but sometimes I give in to my cravings. Any suggestions on how to avoid those? And the snacks are a good idea too especially because I was trying to figure out how to jumpstart my metabolism
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 2:28pm
via iOS
Slow is the keyword here. If you have lots of diet changes to make, start by making one change at a time.

I have been having way too much carbs and fat, but I am not going to change both at the same time. I am concentrating on carbs for now and although I am more conscious of the fat I eat, other than trying out less fatty products, I still allow myself to have fat nonetheless, because if not, I would have too many cravings and that would not help with the motivation.

Also, let's say you want to have more carbs. Don't go changing a bunch of things at the same time. You can start by buying some instant hot oats (watch out, many of them have too much sugar) and replacing one egg or a couple of slices of bacon by oats on days you think you can handle it. When you feel you are getting to like oatmeal, then you can start exploring what you can do with rice. 

A challenge every other week will get you there smoothly. Just get your priorities aligned and don't be afraid to realign them when you realize you might have gotten it wrong.
08 Sep
Thank you! I really appreciate the advice:) I always try to remember to eat in moderation, but slowly changing my meal plan is probably a better way to go, considering I have to watch what I eat

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51