Healthy eating for school?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 7, 2013 4:29pm
via Android

Hey I'm really trying to be healthier and I cut out the really junky food from my diet. Exercise isn't really a problem for me because I'm on a travel soccer team. At home my mother cooks healthy food. My only problem is I don't know what to eat at school for lunch. Everyday I bring an apple and of course a sandwich, then chips. Does anyone know something easy to make for school that's a healthy substitute for the chips? Also is it bad to drink a gatoraderyday at school (not the mini ones)

13 Nov
Dried fruit
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 5:57pm
via Android

Try and go to youtube and check out breelovesbeauty vídeos. She has made some healthy school lunch/snack videos.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 8:50pm
via iOS
You can make a chicken sandwich. Buy a rotisserie chicken. Peel of the skin..pitch out...rip the chicken apart into pieces into container in the fridge. So you can mix it around like chicken sandwich one day and then salad the next. Whole wheat tortillas work good...you can make a wrap!
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 9:52pm
via iOS
Alternatives to chips, if you are purely looking for salty crunchy snacks, are popcorn (look for the ones that are not loaded with salt) and pretzels or pretzel sticks, which also come in half-the-salt versions.

Both these options have a lot less fat (pretzels are no fat) and although they are not exactly health food, they will not hurt you, unless you have loads of them regularly (too much carbs).

Otherwise, you might try replacing the chips with crunchy vegetables once in a while. There are the classic celery and carrot, but I personally love munching on peppers of all colors, cucumbers and cauliflower. I love raw mushrooms as well, but only if I get to dip them in something.

Lean cheeses are another option. Cheddar cheese goes great with apples!

Almonds and other nuts as well as pumpkin, sunflower and other seeds are very healthy, but you need to have the low salt or unsalted versions if you want them to be truly healthy, and you need to not have too much of them because they contain a LOT of fat.
08 Sep
Alright thanks I'm definently gonna bring pretzels, and carrots
08 Sep
Given your healthy diet, you can still have the chips once or twice a week! ; ) It won't kill you, and it is high in potassium.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 6:26pm
via Android

Keep working at it

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 9, 2013 11:15pm
via Android

CUCUMBER SANDWICH
  Chop cucumber in half
   hollow out cucumber
    Stuff it! *avocado*chicken*carrots

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51