Calories intake for Losing weight!

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:17am
via iOS
Hello everyone, i have a few question about this topic and would like help in accomplishing my goal. I started eating better then before about 4 weeks ago. I am a rice junky but i have left the rice and bread for a healthy life style. Now i have managed to get down from 227 Lbs to 197 Lbs and my goal is to be at 170 Lbs. When losing the first 20 Lbs, it was pretty easy with just lettuce, chicken, tilapia, blueberry, almonds, pecan, fiber one cereal, lots of water and cardio only for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Now i cannot keep losing any pounds and wondering if it has anything to do with the calories intake.

I am 32yrs 5'8"

Question:
1- How many calories should i be taking, considering i want to keep losing more pounds?
2- Lets say it is recommended for me to intake 1500 calories a day, can i still go to the gym and lets say burning 1200 calories leaving me with 300 calories left or do i need to add 1200 calories to the intake i need to be taking so when i burn it i leave the $1500?
3- What else should i be doing to keep losing weight?

Thanks in advanse for any help.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:13am
via Android

I wouldn't go below 1700 calories protein burns more calories than carbs or fat cardio only burns calories while u doing it, resistive and weight training damages your muscle tissue so after working out you still burning calories. Also building muscle u burn more calories during the day

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:18am
via Android

I'm 56 just lost 30 lbs  doing 1800 to 1900 calories lifting weights 4 to5 Times a week 30 to 40 minutes no more than 20 minutes cardio

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:23am
via Android

I'm 5ft 9 inches I'm now doing2400 calories working on bulking up a little up to 128 going for 135 than c how I look and feed trying to stay 12% body any higher it's really hard to have abs

03 Dec
How can you be 5'9 and weight 120 something and a man ...
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 8:29am
via Android

No that is not the right thing to do. If i were you i would go try to stay arround 20% beneath your daily need. You can go some lower on rest days. But eating really low and calories AND burn all those kcals at the same time doesnt give you the results you want.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:22pm
via iOS
Ok guys, thanks for the help but different sites and different people tell me different calories recommendations but to get everyone to know my daily activity maybe the suggested calories be the same from people to people. I just got myfitnesspal app and it suggested to consume a net of 1250 calories, based on 32yrs old, 197 lbs, goal weight 170 lbs, 5' 7", daily activity at work mostly sitting (10 hrs shift - 5 times a week), and only 1.5 hrs workout (1 hr cardio, .5 hr weights). 

How accurate is the myfitnesspal on the recommended daily calories intake based on my daily activity and goal? Thanks in advance
20 Sep
1250 kcals????? Thats horrible for a guy.
20 Sep
Please read that link :-)
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 2:06am
via iOS
Hello Rappa D, thanks for your input but as you can see the famous app (myfitnesspal) that everyone seem to talk about dont really work on the recommended calories.

Rappa D, the link you sent me, cant click on it or copy, i dont know if its because of my phone or what. What is the link for or about? Thanks again
21 Sep
Google benidictis harris equation. It will give you probaly enough hits to start reading
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 7:48am
via iOS
http://youtu.be/UKIuW_-03wQ 

Once you know how many calories it is to maintain your weight go 500 calories blow it.  

http://youtu.be/hzfsaXsV-T4 -try out this also. 

I'm posting a video on youtube soon explaining my best tips to loose fat.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 10:13pm
via iOS
Thanks for the links and reply to everyone. I am going to try the intermittent Fasting program and see how it works out. I also combining it with 2000 calories a day. Please someone confirm if it will work and suggestions on went to have my eating window?

I want to start off with 7 hours eating window but not sure when to do my workout as my work shifts are 10 hours a day between 7am - 5:30pm. Any suggestions when to have the eating window and at what time to workout? Thanks in advance
22 Sep
Do your workouts before you break your fast. Anytime before. So you can feed your body from 12:30 to 7:00
22 Sep
Thanks for the response, i will try that. The calories that i should be intaking is a total of 2666 a day to maintain my weight on light activity (3-5 days exercise and lightly active at work), and it recommend 1450 if i want to loss 2 Lbs a week, is that after workout or minus workout?
22 Sep
Don't cut down your calories that much. Not good for your health and hormones. Stick to 2000 calories per day. Excluding workout
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 11:34pm
via iOS
Hello Ameer, how can i track how many calories i burn when lifting weights? Thanks in advance

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51