gaining 4 lbs after a cheat meal?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 7:24pm

I prep my meals for the week using all clean ingreients and I eat 6 small meals a day, I workout 4-5 times a week for an hour or more. On the weekends I allow myself to be less strict and enjoy some damn frech fries or something.

HOWEVER, I gain between 2 and 4 lbs every weekend which doesnt make sense (based on the 3500 excess calories to gain 1 lbs of fat) because I might go over my 1200 calories by around 500-700 calories. Then I end up spending the rest of the week getting back to my current weight.

I KNOW if I just maintain the clean eating all weekend long I can easily avoid this whole scenario- but truth is, I need to treat myself to avoid resenting my new lifestyle.

Does anyone else experience this or have any suggestions as to what is happening here?

I have another 30 lbs to lose and at this rate im getting doubtful.

Id appreicate any advice ( please dont tell me to stop haveing a cheat meal... that advice will not be helpful)

<3

21 Sep
Actually it can be helpful cause the body is supposed to be eating healthy foods and if u just stick to that unhealthy things won't be appealing. Its like trying to wuit smoking. Lol
24 Sep
Just measure your body fat percentage, if that stays down then the weight gain is beneficial and awesome! Cheat meals are necessary...they show you how terrible you feel afterwards not to mention eating clean 24/7 makes everyone miserable lol
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 7:38pm
via iOS
Hi I eat small a 5 to 6 meal... I had cheat eat love wings or pizza cause 4 gain weight habit a bad. I still workout hard 45 min to  1 hour or more 6-7 day every week then got down weight . Already not easy habit something food.
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:50pm
via Android

My weight will go up/down 5 lbs biweekly

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 4:06am
via Android

Daily or even weekly fluctuations are mostly nothing to worry about. We are supposed to monitor our weight over a long term to see the actual reality of our progress.

If you gain four pounds every weekend but at the end of a month you're still less than when you started... well then, that's ok isn't it?

26 Sep
this makes so much sense. i think i just need to stop weighing myself everyday. its become kind of addictive!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 4:22am
via Android

Naturally as a female, and really for anyone, the body fluctuates in weight gain and loss due to hormones (sometimes stress). Like mentioned before, its possibly just water retention. How much water are you consuming? With your cheat meals what do you normally drink? Either way, even on your cheat day watch for sodium intake and stick to drinking enough water for not onlt hydration but to help with digestion. Proper regularity can prevent from holding onto unnecessary gunk.

24 Sep
Yeah even when I'm ovulating I have a little water retention..of course then there's PMS -_-
26 Sep
i only drink water but I know i dont drink quite as much as i need to be drinking. It is the HARDEST for me to drink. before I made conscious effort to be healthier i would realize at 5 pm that I had not taken a sip of anything to drink all day- its bizarre and while im more conscious and aware I still only get about 2Ls a day which i think is about half as much as i should
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 4:05pm
via iOS
I feel your pain; happens to me too!  My "skinny" friends think I am crazy, but unfortunately my scale doesn't lie, even when I beg and chastise it to, lol 
26 Sep
right!? its a curse! haha
26 Sep
It really is, lol!
30 Sep
Fell flat on my face Saturday, but the scale didn't bark back at me THIS time! Miracles never cease, lol!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 4:25pm
via Android

Hey if u resist urself more then u will be attracted more towards the food...just take it easy..stop counting calories, eat healty and it is good to have a cheat meal once a week...just have some self control and wish u happy healty eating

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51