Military

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 8:27am
via Android

Anyone in the Military ? If so , do yu know any great workouts to prepare before basic training ?

24 Sep
I am a Marine. Do lots of running, crunches and pullups/dead hangs. Anything cardio! Also if you have access to a pool thats great as well since that works every part of your body. If you are looking for specific workouts or circuit training excercises just let me know and ill give you some good stuff that really pushes you :)
24 Sep
Thanks for the comment Cody . & Thats so cool that yur a Marine (: Can yu tell me some workouts & circuit training exercises that could prepare me ?
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:13am
via Android

Push-ups and sit-ups anything for the core, abs, upper body, and chest. Running and resistance training for the legs. Booty boot camp and Ab boot camp are two great workouts.

49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:16am
via Android

Looks like you are on the right track abs attack workout.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:37am
via Android

Thanks Jerry ! & Now ii just need to practice on my running & building up my stamina (:

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:39am
via Android

You should try the workout: drop & give me 20. It works great for me.

22 Sep
Hi, one big suggestion, RUN. The services love to run and if you're ngoing Army you'll need to be ready to airborne shuffle.
22 Sep
Airborne Shuffle ???
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 4:34pm
via Android

Thanks Phillip , I'll try that !

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 4:24am
via iOS
You in the military ??
23 Sep
I want to be . I'm just waiting for my ASVAB results to come in . How about yu ?
23 Sep
Im going next year , their nothing wrong with it just you look like a nurse/ health person or something to me
23 Sep
OMG , ii look like a nurse ! Thanks , but yeah ... ii really do want to be a Marine . & Great job for yu (: Yur going next year . What branch ?
23 Sep
Marine wow and army , anything with the lease swimming/water involved :)
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 9:55am
via Android

Do a wide variety of push ups, but focus on tricep push ups in prep for BCT. You also want to do a wide variety of core exercises and planks, and sprints. If you're going army find your age on the APFT chart and get to where you can score at least 60 in each event. Get used to little sleep and pushing all day lol

23 Sep
LoLz , ii really like the last part (; Thanks !
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 7:43pm
via Android

Def focus on core and cardio.  Try to continuously increase max pushups and situps.  I do a lot of planks, and bicycle kicks.  As for running, switch back and forth between speed and distance.  Bmt isnt bad, they'll make you strong, but it does help when going in decent shape.

24 Sep
Thanks (: But ii got a question tho - How can ii succeed on doing PLANKS ? The longest hold I've done is 2 minutes . Am always shaking . ii Need help !!!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 4:07am
via Android

Two minutes is great for one hold.  But to get better core I recommend plank circuits.  Such as normal planks, side planks, plank walks, plank presses, planks to pushups, 25% holds, 50% holds, modified planks, reverse planks.  Create your own routine and have fun with it.  Don't try to go as long as possible on one but do set times (45sec-1min) then take breaks and transition.

24 Sep
Thanks again for the advices (: I'll do them .
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 9:42am
via Android

Im a sgt and squad leader for the 459th tc in elwood il. Ive been in for 13 years. What you need to do is really work hard on your situps, pushups and 2 mile run and watch what you eat. Theres a army physical fitness chart you can find online. Based on your age and gender you have to complete a number of reps to get the desired score. Good luck and stay motivated future trooper hooahhhhhh!!!!

25 Sep
Thanks Eddie & I'll be sure to take on yur advice (: & Thank Yu for serving our country sergeant .
25 Sep
Can u post the website of the army fitness chart ? Thankyou
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 1:15pm
via Android

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-physical-fitness-test-score-chart         go to this site for the chart.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 1:18pm
via Android

Always a blessing to help out future soldiers. Remember this in bootcamp, there are going to be days that your tired and down and the drill sgts will get on your last nerves. Stay motivated and strong and dont quit.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 1:16pm
via Android

Im a sgt in the army. Do alot....and I do mean alot of 1 mile and 2 mile running,  also do interval running, 30/ 60's. 30 sec of hard sprinting then 60 sec of walking, complete 10 reps of this. For strength training there are great pushup and situps workouts on the skimble app. Along with these do planks and alot of stretching. Also watch, please watch what you eat, the military will kick you out for being overweight.   Most importantly stay motivated and never quit!!!

30 Sep
What if you like 6 ft 240 but under 12 % bodyfat , this not me im just curious

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51