Clean eating? Help!!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:32pm
via Android

Hey guys!
I need to drastically change my eating habits. Problem is I really do not care for vegetables. With that being said i am willing to make a big change. Can anyone explain the guidelines for eating clean?
Taylor

23 Sep
Choosemyplate.gov is a good place to start
23 Sep
are u ok if fish? if so fish of any kinf is awesome! if ur not fond of veggies u can make ur salads with fruits in it instead of veggies u can have ur green salad with strawberries or blueberried or dried cranberries. Changing your diet is hard sometimes but when in doubt fruit n water!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 1:41am
via Android

Thank you I will definitely be trying out some of these!

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 5:37am
via iOS
I think basics is trying to eat from all food groups in the right amounts, lower sugars, avoid processed foods, drink more water and if you want to drink something with flavor go for tea instead of soda or sugary drinks.

You can find a lot of healthy recipes on www.eatingwell.com, eating veggies doesnt have to be as boring as boiled broccoli and a salad can be more than just lettuce and dressing, you can add goat cheese, dried cranberries, nuts, spinach, arugula, avocado, etc. And if you dont feel like having a salad you can try sauteed vegetables like zuccini, bell peppers, tomato... Sometimes I wrap all that in a tortilla with a fried egg and thats a very balanced tasty breakfast. Good luck ;)
23 Sep
If u want to get healthy take a look at this .. http://visalus.com/body-by-vi-overv iew-presentation
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 2:39pm
Not to step on Leon, but the body by visalus (spell check) is based on a soy protein which reacts to your body the same as estrogen. That will make it harder to lose weight since estrogen is a "fatty hormone". Regular muscle milk or some other protein shake with a complete list of amino acids will be fine. Look up high glycemic index foods and avoid those. It ain't easy, but worth it.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 4:02pm
via Android

I have never liked fish but like i said im looking for a change so i plan on trying to work it into my meal plan. I do LOVE fruit so I will be trying fruit in my salads!

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 6:20am
via iOS
Like Anthony said choosemyplate.gov is a helpful place to start, gives you good guidance on foods, portions, etc. And Julia like said too, balanced meals, focus on fresh and raw foods, limit processed foods, sugary foods with empty calories. Fruits and vegetables are great, grains and proteins in the right balance depending on your goals (e.g. building more muscle, more protein). Be patient, it will take a little time to develop good eating habits but it is so worth it! Stay motivated and you'll reach your goals, you can do this!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 1:31pm
via Android

Eating clean? Dont really know what that means but stay away from empty calories. Empty calories are calories that have no Nutrition at all... Ex. Donuts, sodas, junk food, candy. I have even stopped drinking boxed juices due to the amounts of sugar present. Drink lots of water throughout the day. If your goal is to drop pounds, up your protein, eat whole grains instead of white grains. Its really just common sense sweetie... We all know if what we are eating is good or bad for us. We just have to be dedicated in our goal. Oh ... And try not to eat too late

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51