I'm tired of trying.

25 posts | Original | Recent

Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 5:32pm
via iOS
I'm so tired of trying to lose weight and dieting. I feel like giving up.
23 Sep
Thank you Jamilla, and congratulations.
08 Oct
So encouraging my son is two and I dropped a few pounds after delivery and now im right back to my post hospital weight damn , I want to get back to my pre pregnancy weight so bad but not bad enough cuz nothing has changed...smh
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 5:43pm
via iOS
Can u post whats ur diet look like and what is ur latest time u eat? And if u can, post ur age, height, and weight.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 5:49pm
via Android

Then stop trying and start doing.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 6:02pm
via Android

You will only feel worse push through your walls, you CAN do this

Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 6:07pm
I eat right most of the time. I typically eat fruit for breakfast or belvita breakfast biscuits, lunch is usually a salad, and dinner is something small. I exercise 3-5 times a week. I'm not consistent, and I know its a problem. I'm 5'1 and to embarrassed to say my weight, but I'm a size 12.
23 Sep
A size 12 is not bad at all. I'm a size 14 wouldn't mind going to a 12. But I don't want to get to small I think the problem for me is the scale (besides bread or pasta) lol. But I weighed like myself maybe two months ago and was 227. I went from a 18/20 and was 253 dropped down to 206 then I picked back up at 227 so don't give up I can't seem to get under 200 lbs and at 5'5 I need to drop the weight a d I am determined!!!!
23 Sep
Congratulations Chantell! I'm going to keep going and surely reach my goals.
23 Sep
Terri, have u tried calorie counting maybe u consuming more than u r required?
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 6:54pm
via Android

awwwe hey if u need a work out buddy add me i exercise in the mornin and sometimes at nite i have a kik as well mzunderstood215. but i would be glad to help n work out whenever add me. n im new to exercising n dieting so we can lend each other a hand k!

23 Sep
Hi Trina, I'm following you now. I would really like that.
23 Sep
kool! im excited lol
23 Sep
So am I, where are you located?
Skimble_thumb
104 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 7:15pm
via Android

Don't u ever give up in yourself! You are amazing! U will get there I promise. I know it's hard at times but you've got to keep going. Do it for your friends, for your family, for everyone. But most importantly do it for you. You're worth it

Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 7:34pm
via iOS
Thank you so much, I needed yo hear that .
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 7:40pm
via Android

philly! im on eastern time.

Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 7:41pm
via iOS
I'm in Atlanta, on eastern also.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 8:32pm
via iOS
Terri, sometimes i feel the same way as you of giving up, not continuing and etc., Sometimes i say to myself let me relax for a day without workout, i am too tired, but i have notice that if you attack it right away(early morning before doing anything else), to put it in for the day, it works great. Later in the day to do workout can be challenging, coming home from work, cooking or whatever and dealing with the kids homework and then trying to go to the gym is extremely hard unless you do what i mentioned, dont think about it and JUST DO IT, at the end you will be energetic, feeling good about your appearance and happy for the complements of other. I started my diet 6 weeks ago, i was at 227 Lbs, it was hard the first 2 weeks, i tried getting my girlfriend to come to the gym with me probably to make it easier on me on going to work out 4-5 times a week. So she didnt come with me, i started doing nothing but cardio for 1:20 hours, i was not counting calories at the time, just eating clean stuff. I am hispanic and love rice, but when i started, i cut it from eating everyday rice to just 2 days and small amount, and now only 1 day. After 3 weeks, i started doing some weights, and now at 6 weeks i have manage to drop 36 pounds, bringing me to 191 Lbs. I never saw myself been been able to reach back down to the one hundreds until this time. I am already projecting been able to reach six pack status with dedication and commitment of not stopping and not giving up. If i can do it i am 100% sure, just like the other members said, "YOU CAN DO IT". Gd luck

Sorry for the long story but i thought it might help you knowing that we all go thru the same struggles.
23 Sep
Thank you for the insight, and I enjoyed your story. I know I have to stay consistent. Thank you again, and congratulations! I'm going to start working out in the morning. It's hard to get up, but I can do it.
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 8:37pm

Rafi B., you maybe right. I'm starting mot use myfitnesspal, to keep track of my food intake.

23 Sep
U r welcome Terri, never give up, thats what i am doing now, counting calories. I am having hard time getting my calories intake to 2000 within 5 hours time do to my conscious mind of eating healthy and cant seem to accomplish it. Today i just had a protein shake and i was soo full that i didnt wanted to consume nothing else but i pushed myself to eat more to get the calories in, i ate a total of 1100 calories between almonds, pecan, shake, lettuce and tilapia, then i went to workout, to loss 776 calories and...
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 10:35pm
Thank you Rafi B. I'm about to go for a walk/jog, them to the grocery store. Keep up the great work! I will have a positive report very soon.
23 Sep
Ok, take care. I will keep in touch with u and ur progress.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 10:46pm
via Android

Don't give up....what are your goals? I got you sis

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 11:32pm
via Android

This app is good for workouts and forums but i just started using myfitnesspal to count calories and i can already tell it's gonna make a big difference in results.  If you're dieting and exercising to lose weight it's just silly to not be keeping track of calories. That's where the results are hiding!  If you start exercising more and eating healthy your body still will drive you to MAINTAIN your weight and you'll just eat more.

Try for small goals over longer times. You can set the app for how much you want to lose and keep track of eating and how much you burn with exercise (you gotta be honest) It's very motivating to try and fit little exercises in to burn 80 or 100 cals here and there when you can see your diet options open up a little more cuz of the calories you burned. 

Remember, weight loss is really no great secret trick, you just gotta burn more calories than you eat. It's a very simple math problem with guaranteed results. If you keep track, you'll see it. 

24 Sep
Hi Patrick, I've made it my resolve to use the myfitnesspal app, daily. Thank you for the advice.
26 Sep
I'm almost through my first week! To be honest I'm hungry sometimes but its totally motivating to have this app keeping track of things, i would have just ate and ate singer more without it. I've got it set to lose a kg per week which is kind of a lot so its okay I'm hungry at night.
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 12:20am
via Android

Got my cardio done now bout to go home and do the boot camp. I want to thank everyone for all the encouragement.

24 Sep
Stay in there
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:59am

My goal is to lose weight, and to live a life if fitness. I am using the myfitnessppal app now. I want to fethe good, the ability to jog at least a half marathon next summer, and to look good to myself. Thank you for the support, any advice is welcomed.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:29pm
via iOS
How u doing Terri? How was it today, did u get ur workout in early morning?
24 Sep
Hi Rafi, yes I got my workout in this morning and my diet is on point today also. Thank you for checking up on me I really appreciate it. How was your day?
24 Sep
Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest part. :-)
25 Sep
Well bad news, i started my morning with 30 minutes cardio jogging and a quick intense biceps, triceps, and chest workout and went to work. After an hour at work my legs were sore and i knew that i could have completed my full hour cardio by warming my legs to get them going, someone suggested to let them rest. So because i couldnt complete my cardio i felt sad, useless, and today kinda sluggish and legs still hurts but less than yesterday, i manage to do 15 minutes this morning of walking. Right now i am not to happy...
Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 26, 2013 4:51am
via Android

I do to! I had major surgery and for muscle donation and gained forty from the steroids lost some but it is coming so slow almost back at a full routine at gym but so slow. I'm afraid I will be stuck here:(

26 Sep
Hello Ris, how r u? After they put you on the steroids, did ur eating habit changed?
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 6:29pm
via Android

Got cardio in this morning,  and will get d strength in this evening.  How's it going for my peeps today?

02 Oct
Hello, am glad everything is gd with u. Well i went to The doctor on Friday And he took me off from my diabetes meds, but with further review on my results, he determined that my liver is having some issue. He also discontinue my cholesterol meds because of liver problem. I have been just eating right and doing exercise more cardio than anything. Gd luck
02 Oct
I'm glad you got good news in regards to the meds. I'm praying about the liver issue.
Imagejpeg_2_2-1_thumb
26 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 11:18pm
via Android

I'm about to go for an evening walk/jog. How did you all get you fitness in today?

05 Oct
Hello Terri, congrats on continuing your goals. My workouts has gone to a hold. After the news of the liver, i got very discourage on this complete life changing event. I am barely eating, no mood to do anything, wake up tired, and bored. Lets see if i just needed a little break and start back tmw. Take care
05 Oct
Hi Rafi B, I understand discouragement, but remember your diet snd exercise got you off meds. You're doing an awesome job! Focus on your diet, exercise, snd attitude, and let the doctors concentrate on the kidney issue. Have faith that everything will workout.
Securedownload_5_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 5, 2013 11:09pm
via iOS
I'm in need of help too. I feel like giving up. I have kik If anyone wants to be my fitness buddy and help with motivation. Ashleyz1990.
05 Oct
Hi Ashley, I as in the same place last week. Don't give up! You can make it happen, just keep pushing forward.
05 Oct
its so hard but im trying. i have like 30 pounds to loose. what did you do or use for motivation? and another problem im having is that i forget (i know that sounds bad) just need a way to fix that too.
05 Oct
I reached out on this forum, and people like Rafi B, and many others encouraged me. I now track my food on myfitnesspal , exercise at least 4 times a day, and using this app. I have like 60 pounds to lose, but I keep imagining me at my best self.
05 Oct
thanks. i have myfitnesspal but ive kinda neglected it sad to say. im hoping i can get some some encouragement from this site that's one of the reasons why i downloaded it :]
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 1:39pm
via iOS
Hello Ashley, i am 100% sure you can lose 30 pounds. You must eat right, put in as much greens instead of carbs, lots of water, add celery, blueberry, almonds, greek yogurt, kale, spinash, tilapia, salmon and boneless chicken breast, use olive oil instead of butter or vegetable oil, egg whites (sometimes) for breakfast, oatmeal (1-2 times a week at breakfast), becareful with foods that are high in Saturated Fats and Trans Fats and try not to eat past 7pm, ohh did i mentioned no juice or soda, JUST WATER!!! Cheat 1 to 3 days of the week so that it wont be to hard on yourself, starting this diet thing. On your cheat days, eat what you craving the most, do not go overboard and like i said small amount of carbs.

Key points: 
50-60 grams of protein a day
18-25 grams of fiber a day
(Fiber keeps you feeling full, grab FiberOne cereal for the morning, 1 serving)

Gd luck
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 1:44pm
via iOS
Hello Terri, hows ur workout going? I started back, i guess i just needed a break. Yesterday i notice my knees was hurting while running, when i went to check myfitnesspal, i notice i am intaking extremely little calcium in my diet and will require to take some supplement for it as well as potassium, vitamin D and K, and B12. Well hope everything is good with you. Take care
Securedownload_5_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 4:50pm

thanks! i do love celery but i have to have peanut butter with it which i know is probably good. i drink a lot of water already, i love any kind of friut, greek yogart is amazing, i like fish but not salmon, and with oils i dont like olive oil lol. i eat chicken a lot so i think im good with that. its really hard to not eat after 7 because where i live sometimes its 8 or 9 when dinner gets ready. i dont drink juice much since its expensive but soda is one thing thats hard. i love sprite i dont drink it like everyday but when i want something "bubbly" i drink that since its caffine free and isnt as bad for you as other drink so ive been told. 

11 Oct
Hello again, i must say, its a good idea to add omega 3,6 & 9 and thats why i suggested Salmon as its high in that field, if you cant do Salmon as its high, grab a supplement tablet of Fish Oil. About Olive oil, i suggested that instead of butter or veggie oils, it promotes good cholesterol levels. About soda, use it on cheat days, diet alone is a sacrifice, so with that said, caffeine or not, it still contains sugar, not good for losing weight. Diets consists of preparing and planing your meals either a day before or...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51