Really confused....

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 1:30am
via iOS
So today in class this guy told me I should gain weight and its not the first time someone has told me that. But I don't think I look skinny.... I thought I needed to loose weight so now I'm confused.. Why does everyone else think I'm soo skinny when I feel soo fat???
02 Oct
Don't pay attention to what others think. Do what you know is best for you. I'm my opinion, I don't think you need to lose or gain weight. You look to be I'm great shape. Keep doing what you're doing.
03 Oct
You're not skinny and obviously not fat, you look great like that.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 1:34am
via Android

If u wish u can contact me I will let u know...

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 2:14am
via Android

I used to be really skinny and always thought I was fat. Now I have put abit of weight on after having my second child five months ago. But I totally understand you.

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 2:27am

Sarah. I have always believed there is such a thing as too skinny. That being said, I've only ever found a handful of people that I would classify that way. I can't tell, but your stature seems short as well. I wouldn't listen to whoever says that. He probably prefers bigger women, which would make you unhappy to be one, so ignore him and for god's sake don't do something just because someone says you should.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 2:47am
via Android

Guys have different preferences much like girls do.

Personally I like mine fairly thin, in white bathing suits on a beach wearing sunglasses lol jks

I'm sure some girls like thin toned guys while others like really muscular bulgy types.

For anyone to tell you that you're too skinny or fat that isn't your grandma is just plain out rude especially when you look to be in great shape.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 2, 2013 3:25am
via Android

I don't believe you are too skinny, maybe what people really mean is that you need a little muscle tone. You can gain weight, by building the right muscles in the right areas to compliment your body! =)

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 3:29am
via Android

Whooaa its awesome but I really feel like exhausted after doing workout and cannot do anything through out the day...please help...

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 4:21am
via Android

Now, when I tell people I'm watching calories and exercising I always get the reaction, "you don't need to lose weight"
I'm tired of it, but I understand it. With my clothes on, compared to most everyone else, I look pretty good, but I KNOW how I feel, and how I look with my clothes off.

HOWEVER, I would definitely not describe myself as "sooooo fat" and the fact that you do worries me. We can't take what one other person says TOO seriously but you do need to consider it if you are hearing the same thing from many people.

For example, anorexia is a MENTAL disorder which affects your perception of yourself. I will never forget the real footage I saw of an anorexic girl who was in the middle of treatment, she was looking at her body in the mirror, she was skeletal, WAY too thin, but she was crying and talking about how she could see the fat hanging off her body. It was a very revealing look into the difference in perception a sick mind can create.

I'm not saying you're anorexic, but your healthy outlook on your body IS a concern. Women in our society face so many twisted pressures it's a sad statistical fact that it's more likely that a woman will develop an unhealthy and twisted perception of her body than a healthy and "realistic" one.

I'm simply saying that if this kind of thing, the guy saying you're too thin, worries and confuses you, I would  suggest you ask a close friend for their honest feedback. Maybe more than one.

Otherwise, just don't listen to people who have no business telling you about your own body. Even if you ARE too thin, that guy is being inappropriate.

It's an example of the "male gaze" and "entitlement" as if he is in any position to tell you what is right for YOUR body, because he's a man who is supposed to make decisions on your attractiveness. It's wrong and you don't have to listen to men who talk about your body.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 7:35pm
via iOS
If they don't know you, it's none of their business trying to tell how you should view your body. Just because they are guys, doesn't give them the right to dictate to you what works for you. They aren't the boss of you.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 2:34am
via iOS
Thanks y'all helped a lot:)
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 2:53am
via iOS
I feel the same way.... Everyone is always telling me I'm skinny but I don't think so. My BMI is 17.7 which is underweight but I've heard you can't really go by ur BMI

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51