weight lifting and weightloss?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 5:11am
via Android

would weight lifting affect weighloss?? after a year of not working out and eating unhealthy, im ready for a change, just got a gym membership and wondering if weight lift will affect me on loosing weight in any way??

09 Oct
Really I think.it would build muscle and add weight
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 7:34am
via Android

If you follow the correct kind of diet it will.

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 9:14am
via Android

weight lifting makes you gain muscles and loose only a little bit fat, so you gain weight. You should do cardio to loose weight.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 1:43pm
via Android

sounds like a plan working on fast food restaurant so the hardest part will be stop eating unhealthy food, but i will try my hardest to go for the healthy choices , im also used to only eating 2 big meals twice a day instead of 5 small meals so i will have to work extra hard on getting used to that change

09 Oct
I am with John balance your cardio and weight lifting, yes weight lifting can add muscle..BUT your body continues to burn calories long after you set the weights down and it boosts your metabolism and that muscle you build is replacing the fat....after about a,year of cardio I added weights to my workout plan and I have lost even more weight by incorporating resistance. Just take it slow, add cardio, and eat small healthy meals throughout the day
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 7:52pm
via iOS
Weight lifting has a high after burn effect if u use ur full energy while working out u can keep burning fat for 48hrs after working out

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51