how much walking

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 3:10am
via Android

so every monday thru thursday , i walk to my son's school. its a good 2 mile walk and it takes 40 minutes to get there. this not including the other walking errands i do during the day.i hear walking helps keep you in shape. so how many miles should i be doing a day? i trying to loose the lower belly fat and tone my thunder thighs and hopefully not see a bigger butt. lol

18 Oct
I walk 45 min 2 hrs 5 day a week I need gain butt out shape. ... lol
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 12:44am
via Android

People said that walking makes me loose weight.I starting walking now but I'm not looseing weight.

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 6:18am
via Android

Ok, here is my take on this:

Walking is usually low impact and low intensity cardio. If you want more of an effect, increase your speed. I have no idea how much distance you need to cover to lose fat because that depends on what you are eating. Apps such as MyFitnessApp and Loseit will help you track your food consumption and take your weight loss goal and exercise into account.

If you don't want to count calories, then I'd recommend fitting in a short run or cycle into you day on top of whatever you're doing. These are higher intensity cardio exercises which will burn more calories. Alternatively, you can do Cardio HIIT such as Cardio Fight Club HIIT or The A-Team. You should then avoid changing your diet.

Good luck!

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 8:19am
via Android

First thing is that you must eat clean,second is fact that human body gets used to every muscular process,so you must extend your distance periodically if you wanna results :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51