Bloating stomach

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 9:49pm
via Android

What foods help keep stomach bloating down? I have a really flat stomach& my abs happen to show through , but after drinking water and eating a bit it suddenly seems huge! I know you're supposed to drink like 2 litres of water every day, which I do not do, because I don't want my tummy being huge all the time, especially since I'm really careful to be healthy and not to put on weight, workout and all, you know where I'm coming from?! Aha anyway thank you all

18 Oct
Same happens to me :/
18 Oct
Can you try and help me get attention to the post please June? :-)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 10:46pm
via Android

Hey I know water bloats u but its temporary so u go to the bathroom and ur stomach is flat again... as for food it depends on ur body, for me carbs usually bloat me so I avoid them. Also, if ur not used to eating high fiber foods those bloat u too

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 10:48pm
via Android

The thing is I don't need to go to the bathroom that often. :/

19 Oct
Because you do not drink enough water.
19 Oct
Well yeah but mostly because I can hold a lot of water at once. And I hate having to go pee, it's quite annoying, when you're busy
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 1:32am
via Android

If your stomach bloats after you eat or drink maybe you're too thin?

Or eat and drink smaller portions more often. Sip on water all day rather than one big cup.

Or just learn to accept it. You're thin, great, your belly gets bigger when you eat, that's nature. I bet it looks fine. You're probably the one who notices most, so try not to worry about it?

19 Oct
I can never remember to go drink so yeah that's a good tip, as I always drink a lot at once. I just have to remember to drink all the time x)
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 1:41am
via iOS
It could be any number of things. One thing that might be causing the bloating is eating something your body is intolerant to. You may want to keep a food journal for a few days, and track if you bloat after eating certain foods. The most common intolerances are wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, oats, corn, and peanuts. A second thing that may be causing the bloating is eating too many carbohydrates. Your body digests carbs differently then it does fat and protein. In some people, eating carbs makes them bloat due to insufficient digestive enzymes and beneficial gut flora. A third cause of bloating is eating too much fiber at one time. When you eat too much fiber in one meal, your body cannot digest it properly, resulting in bloating. There are several things that you can do. First, avoid foods that you may be intolerant to. Second, drink lots of water; water helps your body to digest quickly and efficiently. Third, drink beneficial teas. Some types speed digestion, lower bloating, and altogether clean out your system. Some good ones are pu-erh tea, green tea, oolong tea, and cinnamon tea. Also, drink tea before eating, especially pu-erh tea, then go for a walk. This prepares your body for eating and allows it to go through some healing before introducing food. Eating foods to which you do not respond well can damage you gut lining, so the tea helps to heal it before bombarding it with food. Hope this helps! 

God bless! 
19 Oct
I'll try this ,thank you very much! I actually used to drink green tea a lot more, going to start again I think .
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 2:31pm
via Android

Hey...it's more important to keep yourself hydrated...2 litres/ day are necessary.it will keep a lot of health related problems at bay..one more thing..when there is an urge to visit loo,we shouldn't not hold it back for long...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51