Wat protein shake shld I be takin?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 7:00pm
via Android

OK I HVE A QUESTION WAT KIND OF PROTEIN SHAKES DO I TAKE LIKE I wanna lose weight n get lean shld I be takin whey protein or lean muscle protein I dnt kno which wats the difference? I need help?

19 Oct
Soy protein definitely:-)
19 Oct
When ever you are not sure about something go the natural route. Eat chicken breast (cooked without the skin) or salmon. Its a healthier alternative. But as Jeremy posted soy is good too
Image_thumb
145 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 9:56pm
via Android

I would say soy protein because I heard it's good for weight loss and stuff but when I asked this nutritionist lady about it, she said that it's very bad for women because soy messes with our hormones and has bad effects. You should definitely look into it first. Maybe whey protein would be best. Good luck :)

19 Oct
Whey protein is good if you're toning and want to gain muscle.
19 Oct
I tried soy and started having major problems, like mood swings and spotting. Whey isolate is a good one.
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 11:29pm
via Android

Im no expert but id say dont take any protein shakes, just eat the right foods. If you really want the shakes you should maybe see a nutritionist because I used soy at one stage and its not good, had bad stomach reactions.

Goodluck

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 20, 2013 1:29pm
via Android

If your goal is weight loss I think you don't really need the liquid calories of a protein shake.

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories with it set to lose .5kg a week.

For protein I eat tuna straight outta the can, chicken breast, once or twice a week some beef or pork, and then the rest is small amounts in nuts, cereals, brown rice, oh and eggs (one to four a day) I eat a ton of veggies (well, more than I used to)

I Haven't been paying close attention but I just looked at the statistics and found I've been getting pretty much the right amount of protein/carbs/fats every day.

Unless you're weight lifting to build muscle you probably don't need a shake. I'm doing body weight exercises and I want muscle yeah but I'm just relying on my body to do its thing mostly and so far so good I've lost weight and look fitter.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 20, 2013 6:24pm
via Android

Try ViSalus...it will help with both...www.sayyestothechallenge.bodybyvi.com

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51