Need help, need to lose 100lbs

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 9:26am
via Android

I need to lose 100 lbs in next 10-11 months.
I've stoped eating junk food,oily foods.
I stoped drinking soda, also i've been tracking calories with my fitness pal, and I do not cross 1800-1900 calories per day.

I workout 5 days a week, 30 mins everyday , I alternate betweek exercise bike and threadmill.

So far in the past 2 months I've only managed to reach 107Kgs from 111Kgs.

I am really disappointer with the rate at which I lose weight and I'd really appreciate tips to lose quicker.

Thank you :)

21 Oct
Try and exercise for at least an hour a day if you can. 30 min is not long enough if u want to lose a lot of weight,
21 Oct
I'll slowly try to increase my workout duration.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 10:46am
via iOS
Definitely try exercising for longer periods of time (an hour or so) and try reducing your caloric intake. 1800-1900 calories a day, though less than what you were eating before, is still too much than can be burned off by the amount of time your exercising. You might also try mixing in HIIT workouts two or three times a week, which is a great way to really lose weight. Mix things up so you don't get bored!
21 Oct
I read on wiki about a formula for calculating RMR, mine came out to be 2566 calories. Also I read that one should not cut more than 500 calories a day from the RMR. Hence the 1800-1900 domain restriction. I'll try and cut down on my food intake too, the thing is my metabolic rate is very low, any tips to increase it? Thanks :)
21 Oct
Well you seem to be on track with your caloric intake then! Don't forget to adjust it according to your weight as you continue to lose. As far as increasing metabolic rate, there are a number of different factors that play into that, not all of them are something you can help (genetics, for instance). However, working out regularly does assist in boosting your metabolic rate, eating clean foods (nutrient heavy fruits and vegetables), and lots of water. I know that sometimes a nutritional deficit may slow down metabolic function, so try charting what your eating (myfitnesspal is excellent at...
21 Oct
Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out for my nutrient intake now.
Image_thumb
145 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:21pm
via Android

Make sure you're eating lots of fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and lean meats.

21 Oct
Yep, fruit , vegetable and meat intake is good. I usually choose a meal with high protein intake such as Soya beans etc. Thanks :)
21 Oct
Great! Well then I would just say, like Anthony, just make sure your workout are intense. Sometimes weight loss takes time :) don't give up!
23 Oct
Never giving up ^_^
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:50pm
via Android

Keep it slow.you are going in the right direction regarding RMR and the diet restrictions..you can't get your dream physique overnight....gradually increase your exercise duration..cut down your calories even more slowly... There is not point in going too fast and then succumbing to the pressure...be gradual but steady

21 Oct
Yep thats the plan :) Ty
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2013 4:45pm
via iOS
Wow, that must be discouraging.  Do you feel better about yourself? Do you feel healthier? 

You've made a powerful decision to take control of your health. Define your success by your healthy choice and the fact you feel and are healthier. Everyday you make that choice, you win.  You are amazing for the effort you are making and the things you have already accomplished.  Stay the course and you will eventually hit your goal. 

23 Oct
Btw, I've lost 60 of my 100 pound goal. It's taken 10 months. I don't even weigh anymore because it's just a lifestyle now. I'm stronger, healthier, and confident. I thought that would come from losing weight. Actually, it was the fact I realized I'm powerful enough to do amazing things. Pain always seeks pleasure. I found that pleasure in food. But I got healing for my pain. If you need healing, I pray as Jesus prayed: "Our Father, great is your name, your kingdom come, your will be done...may my friend find Your kingdom and healing in their life"
23 Oct
Thanks man thats motivating, I hope you reach your 100 faster :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2013 6:53pm
via iOS
You should start pole dancing. Not what you think, its more of a work out than actual dance. Is amazing at building muscle and losing weight. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51