9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:36am
via iOS
Mentally prepared... Check
Cleaned up eating habits.... Check
Exercise regement... Ummmmmm
Do I just start jogging and hope for the best? Incorporate weights? I need a full body workout, only problem is I tend to give up very easily.... Any suggestions?
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:41am
via iOS
Just look around for 5-10 minute workouts on here.  Do a bunch, see which feel good and which don't.  No rush, just get yourself into it, and listen to your body ;)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:43am
via iOS
Thanks! I feel so disgusted with myself for letting my weight get outta control... I want to be in love with excersize again... Just wasn't sure where to start!! So I don't have to do 30mins of cardio before I jump into anything?
28 Oct
Haha personally if I had started with 30 mins of ANYTHING i would have quit long before even getting into this. I just did a bunch of 7 to 15 minute workouts. Sometimes more than one a day, but for some reason that was easier to wrap my mind around rather than one 20 or 30 mib workout. I've been moving up though, today I've done 3 workouts and ONE if them was 20 minutes. Do whatever you can without pushing yourself to the point of frustration/pain that makes you want to quit.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:47am
via Android

Mentally prepared but giving up easily? I think it's totally opposite. Look, yes at first you'll break down easily but as you progress and you gradually do it, you'll see good results and motivate yourself more. Plus, you'll notice that you aren't the same as you are yesterday. So my suggestion is choose the workouts where you will enjoy. And just get your ass working! Good luck!

28 Oct
Thanks! I'm sensing a trend... "Just get moving" remembering its a lifestyle change... Not a diet.
28 Oct
YOLO - damn I don't diet! I just workout a lot and enjoy! No pressure! ;-)
28 Oct
I have a good 4 hour window of time I can dedicate to working.. I have no excuses anymore! I'll try out some workout routines and piece together what I feel is good for me now! Thanks fellas, just knowing that other people have started out like me helps a lot!!
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:52am
via iOS
You don't HAVE to do anything.  Choose to do what feels good for you, especially at the starting point.  Too much too soon, you'll stress yourself out, burn yourself out, or get hurt.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 8:06am
via Android

I would like to suggest you train as much as you can, depends on your expectations. If you want to be ripped, you have to train like warrior and eat clean.:-)

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 8:36am
via Android

I just also started, try those 5 min workout, then increase a step at a time.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 5, 2013 2:26pm
via Android

in my opinion, giving up easily is total opposite of "MENTALLY PREPARED" !!!!! our will power and drive to succeed is 1st a mental challange. just bc your unhappy with the ways things are and want nothing more than to be healthy and fit, doesnt mean youre mentally prepared. its a mental prepared pity party!!!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 5, 2013 9:34pm
via iOS
Didn't ask for your opinion. This was neither helpful nor positive... And by giving up easily I was referring to a boring workout.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51