Trouble eating healthy!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 3:39am
via Android

So, I'm an average 16 year old. I'm about 115lbs, and I'm 5'2 .. but I have a serious problem! I CAN'T EAT HEALTHY!:( I've tried& I feel more hungry when I eat things like apples all day. Any healthy, filling snacks? And that taste good. Also that are easy and that I can eat before practice, or workouts.

08 Nov
Healthy meal protein shakes!! Taste like milkshakes... Esp mint chip!
08 Nov
That's what's supposed to happen when you eat healthy. Your appetite increases so you won't gain weight.
09 Nov
I think eating healthy needs a mental shift first. The day I realised I took better care of my car than I did my body, was a turning point. I wouldn't dare put bad fuel in my car so why was I fine putting junk in my body?
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 9:05am
via Android

Tuna salads are amazing
Plenty of protein and next to zero fat

10 Nov
I will just eat tuna straight out if the can lol well, after I rinse it anyways. I don't like how salty it is.
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 3:48pm

Low glycaemic index (complex carbohydrates) are very filling and not unhealthy (unless you overeat). They would include pasta, rice, and bread. If you want to be extra healthy you could go for wholegrain pasta, brown rice, and brown/wholegrain bread.

[WARNING THE ANTI-CARB NAZIS MAY ATTACK THIS COMMENT!!!]

09 Nov
Hahaha. Anti-carb Nazis, we live among you
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 4:42pm
via Android

I dont think you should look into the snacks. But in the bigger meals. A satisfying meal keeps you from snacking alrdy half of the time.

Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 1:46am
via Android

If I get hungry and want a healthy snack I usually grab some uncooked cauliflower or some other kind of veggie. I find them to be much more filling than fruits.
Do you count calories?

10 Nov
Thank you! :) and no i don't. Should I start?
10 Nov
No, you don't have to. I don't :p I was just curious.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 6:57pm
via iOS
Myfitnesspal

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51