Meats

6 posts | Original | Recent

Me16_thumb
64 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 4:21am
via Android

What diff kinds of meat are good for losing weight. I mainly eat chicken but would like a little variety.

12 Nov
l mainly eat chicken, tuna, egg and turkey breast
12 Nov
Omg turkey coldcuts... I miss deli meats! They pretty much don't exist here in Korea.
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 4:38am
via Android

My main 3 are chicken, tuna fish and eggs. Everyday.

Maybe once a week some beef (Korean bbq) or like a cheat day with some mandu (pork veggie dumplings) or pizza or something.

I get a little bit of protein from whole grains like brown rice and whole grain bread. I have this nut mix snack I made (complete with a lil bit o raisins and extra dark chocolate) and bagged up in 150 cal servings, not sure how much protein that is but it's a nice little variety supplement. I don't drink milk very often and cheese even less (calorie motherlode) but that has some protein.

12 Nov
Thx! Chicken and eggs I can handle but tuna....ugh. I drink a lot of milk but its always 2% I started on just milk and water while I was preggo. Should I cut bk on the milk or is it ok? Cheese I'm not a big fan so don't eat it often. I recently bought some things like almonds, but I'm not sure that I will like them.
12 Nov
Hmm I guess I'm not sure about the milk. Do you use myfitnesspal or any other app? That's where I would look to see if I'm going over on anything specific like fats (like from milk) or just calories in general, cuz drinking calories can make that a little too easy. A glass of milk a day prob isn't bad. You need maybe 46 grams protein a day, more if your building muscle, milk has like 8, yogurt has maybe 11 (Greek has more i think and either way avoid the sugary yogurts, get plain and add fruit) a small...
12 Nov
I have myfitnesspal but honestly don't use it much guess I need to look into that. Maybe I should just have someone plan my meals:)lol....I bought some plain yogurt to try but it's one thing I've never been able to handle, I have a bit of a texture problem. Hopefully all goes well
12 Nov
Tbh if it's a matter of whether you eat healthier or not, sweetened yogurts are a better step in the right direction, than, like, chicken nuggets. (I think...hehe) go ahead and add honey or strawberry jam or a half tsp of sugar. Try tracking those calories though otherwise your attempts will go backwards. I did not switch to my current attitudes and eating habits overnight. I would have found some of the stuff I like now gross then. It's all a question of improving from where you are. You don't have to go full organic natural sugar free right now,...
12 Nov
This is a little off topic..what about sleep. I def never get seven or eight hours, always feel like I'm dragging with a 2 month old around. I've always heard getting enough sleep helps lose weight
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 5:58am
via Android

I just thought of this. You said you bought some plain yogurt. Do you have a natural foods store near you? Like a Co-op or anything? Anyway, when I was in the states I was regularly eating these delicious cereals I could get in the natural food store bulk section. Stuff like "blueberry flax super energy granola"

With plain almond milk or plain yogurt, someĀ  added berries (goji) or sliced banana... quite sweet and delicious and, I believe, tasty even to much more picky eaters than I. The cost of the natural food store might be an issue, but it's an idea you can work with, healthy cereals with plain yogurt and fruit.

Me16_thumb
64 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 2:38pm
via Android

Thx

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 3:38pm
via Android

Steak!

Nov 12, 2013 10:19pm
via Android

Lean meats.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51