How long until I start to see any type of change?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 11:12am
via iOS
So I joined back the gym and yesterday marked the 2 week mark. I go 4 times a week with mainly cardio I.e. Fast walking/jogging 30 minutes on threadmill, 15 minutes cross trainer, 15 minutes on the bike, then sit ups stretches and sometimes some rowing. I've started suspension combo TRX classes once a week to begin with.

However I weighted myself this morning and there is little or no change.. Not even a pound. And I do eat healthily salads etc

Any ideas/information or motivation you could give me about this would be much appreciated because I feel like I'm doing something wrong
16 Nov
If u r using resistance on the machines then u might be gaining muscle.and muscle weighs more than fat.or maybe u are eating more calories then what u burn.remember 2 loose weight u need 2 consume fewer calories. And burn more calories then what u consume.hope thiz helpz
Feb2016_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 11:35am
via Android

Scales will move within 3months, visibly in 6. Patience is a virtue.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 1:18pm
via Android

When you exercise hard your body gets hungry and you may end up just eating those calories right back. If you're not being careful about your eating, your results could be very slow or non existent.

It takes hours and hours of cardio to burn off a pound. Your main investment, for the amount of payoff you see for the effort, should be in your eating habits first, supplemented by exercise.

Do you use a calorie tracker like myfitnesspal, noom, fatsecret or anything? You might find that really helpful.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 2:18pm
via iOS
I do I've used my fitness pal since last year to track my calorie intake and my exercise however I never know if I should be 'eating back' my burned calories and so i never have and am often 100 or so calories below my daily intake. I eat in moderation with usually 2 whole meal slices and light cheese with egg for breakfast with a banana thrown in and then a salad for lunch and a light dinner. I've also stopped eating past 7 besides 2/3 days when I work late shifts.

Thanks for your help though I appreciate it :)
16 Nov
Hmm yeah I've read posts that said to not completely eat back your burned calories just because mfp and other apps aren't accurate enough... I Really don't know, it took me three months to start seeing results but I figured that was because I wasn't watching calories, I was just exercising and eating healthy, but as soon as i started counting calories I saw results. Maybe it just does take some time for your body to get the message... To me that doesn't really make sense though, i mean from a purely mathematical standpoint, you have to burn calories to...
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 2:42pm
via Android

I would say around four weeks. I seen a fitness poster once that read, 4 weeks until you notice 8 weeks until your family and friends notice and 12 weeks before the world notices so keep going. Lol I hope that helps and good luck

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 2:49pm
via iOS
Haha I have that poster on the front of my phone I'm trying hard to believe it so I hope your right. Thanks for the advice :)
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 17, 2013 1:57am
via Android

Your workout days at the gym sound very relaxed.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 17, 2013 2:41am
via iOS
Never trust the scale, trust the mirror.  You may be loosing fat and gaining muscle.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 17, 2013 2:48am
via Android

Make sure you are getting everything right that takes place out side of the gym. Sleep, diet, recovery etc. The extra mile is what brings your body to new heights.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51