Newbie weight help

4 posts | Original | Recent
35 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 12:43am
via Android

I am almost 2 solid weeks into my new journey.(I know not long, but everyone has to start somewhere) I have been exercising everyday for at Least 10 mins(that was my down day, it's usually 35-40 minutes) and I went from eating complete crap, to I haven't had a cookie or cake since I started this.
I am 5'9 and started out at 127 lbs. My GOAL is to weigh 130(my healthy weight for my height) I weighed in today at 122. This scares me. I don't know how to balance eating clean and working out without getting too thin. Most of my excess fat is in the abdomen area. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!!

17 Dec
One thing I know is how to gain weight I'm trying to lose it. If you do exercise healthy proteins and carbs are good idea to try ex eggs nuts whole grain pastas idk if u have already tried this or not but what I've read this is key
20 Dec
As long as you eat healthy and work out properly you will be at the weight that is right for you.
950 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 1:08am
via Android

You shouldn't worry too much at this point, your body will find its groove, and as you workout more you will gain a deeper knowledge of what you need to do for specific results. Just keep going.

However, that being said, I would ask, what do you mean by "working out" If you're eating really clean and doing cardio then that's the prefect combination to lose weight, and you said you want to go UP to 130, right?

What you probably want to do is lose fat and gain muscle, so you need to eat as clean as possible, but probably increase your protein.

Also, in your exercise, you definitely want some resistance training for muscle building. That could mean body weight exercises like pushups and pullups and all sorts of stuff, or you could also do some weight lifting.

like I said though, don't worry too much at this point. It takes time to build muscle weight, and that five pounds you dropped may have been fat, or probably a combination of fat and natural fluctuation of water and whatever else changes from day to day.

Weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up to minimize that effect but that kind of fluctuation is still going to exist so look at your weight every few weeks as a tool to start getting a very GENERAL idea of your progress.  Think of it like this, if you weighed yourself a thousand times in a week, it would be silly to trace a crazy zig-zag line from each and every point to the next and then stress out over how crazy your weight seems. You would just look at the cloud of dots and kind of trace a line through the average middle of em. One single weigh-in is almost completely unreliable as an indicator of your overall progress.  After you work out and watch your diet and establish a routine month after month, your weight fluctuations become more significant indicators, but at this time its just a very rough starting point.

260 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 3:08am
via Android

I'm 5' 9' my weight in a normal week goes from132 to 126 so look more at how u feel and look than worry about numbers but if u want to gain weight do resistant exercises before cardio.Good luck

63 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 12:44am
via Android

Hey Krystyle, I know how frustrating it can be to not gain weight. You can workout for mass. You'd have muscle weigh more than fat. So you could build and reach the weight you want to. Some foods you can eat to gain weight naturally: chocolate milk, potatoes, peanut butter, and meat. Hopefully this helps you. Happy New Year Krystle.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51