Tonalin & protein shakes?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 4:12am
via Android

Anybody take Tonalin? And does protein shakes make you buff? Why do ppl drink protein shakes after workouts purpose? #newbie

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 7:57am
via Android

I don't know what tonalin is, but protein shakes are just a convenient way to supplement your lean protein intake and variety.

You need protein for building muscle and it gets difficult to eat enough from food sources sometimes, since many people who workout try to follow the idea of eating about a gram of protein per pound of body weight, and that gets to be a lot, especially if you're trying to do it from like one or two unvaried food sources. (chicken chicken chicken gets boring)

30 Nov
So, no, they don't really "make you buff".. you gotta work hard to make use of that protein to get buff.
30 Nov
Ok thanks cause I don't wanna look buff! Just lean
30 Nov
You can probably just workout for a while and see how you feel about your progress...you don't need a protein shake until you have an idea how much protein you are usually eating and why you want more. For me it was when I stopped progressing in my pullups reps, I decided to try more protein, but by then I already had a structured diet that I could see where I could make adjustments, and expectations/goals that I hoped to meet by making the changes.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51