I joined a gym.. Now what?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 6, 2013 8:17pm
via iOS
I just signed up for a gym membership and I'm not interested in their personal trainer program because it's far to expensive. But I do need some guidance. I'm female 28 5'10" and 155lbs .. I'd like to slim that down and tone up while also strengthening my back (chrioropractor pushed to far and herneated a disk 2yrs back) so I have some limits just yet. I'd like a steady schedule with a work out that I can handle. Any suggestions?? Any help and input is greatly appreciated. I'm ready to be the sexy me I know I am! thanks.
07 Dec
If you have a regular doctor they may be able to find exercises that would be low impact for your back. If the gym has a pool it would be a lot easier on your back than traditional cardio
07 Dec
You sound like me: 5'10", 155, herniated discs!
Image_thumb
89 Posts
Dec 6, 2013 9:58pm
via Android

See if they offer a free personal trainer session,  that would give you the opportunity to talk ti someone about your goals.
I joined 18months ago, had an induction where they show you basics, and settings eg seat adjustments.
To slim down try cardio: treadmill, cross trainer etc. Work through intervals.  Try things until you find something you like. Rotate or change things regularly to keep your body guessing.
Don't be afraid of weights, girls don't bulk. Start low until you learn form then increase.
Good luck and have fun

07 Dec
Not true girls do bulk its how u train....I've been training with weights most my life started young between th ages of 11-13 my bench maxed at 250lbs my sqaut maxed at 410lbs and I've never took steroids th male hormone tht so many claim to b th sole builder and gainer of muscle mass is scientifically incorrect our bodies both male and female r created to adapt to any stress we put it under ever do something some exercise or physical labor and wake up th next morning sore? Ths is called DOMS Delayed onset muscle soreness....a lot is...
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Dec 14, 2013 7:14pm

Try this workout and stay tuned i will create other ones to do daily workout progess. Stay motivated and you will see results

http://skm.me/sw/3YXg

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51