Arm muscle

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Dec 17, 2013 10:18pm
via Android

I told my guy friend that I do push ups and lift weights when I workout, and he said it isn't nice for a girl to do that. Thoughts or opinions? :) Appreciate it!

17 Dec
I wouldn't like that
17 Dec
as long as you are happy with how you look i wouldn't worry about it... at least you'd be able to take care of yourself in a fight haha my poor stick arms are worthless....
19 Dec
That dose not sound like a very good friend. He should be happy that you are taking care of youself. Just because that is his preference does not mean every guy thinks that way. I'm almost 6 foot tall some guys don't like it when I wear heels others don't care.
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Dec 17, 2013 10:46pm
via Android

Arm muscles in ladies form differently than in men. They give ladies more becoming female shape. Doing calisthenics like pushups will never make you less feminine, ever; just stronger. Normal weight lifting won't either. And if that is his problem,  you being stronger, you figure out...

17 Dec
Thts true tho we grow muscles I've got em they r different thn a man's somewhat
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Dec 17, 2013 10:51pm
via Android

Mayb he is intimidated?? Mayb ur stronger thn him?? If he dnt like u for u his loss any way...taking care of urself is awesome ..and their is nothing wrong with girls working out....and with guys frm all th posts on ths subjects its a prefrence jus like women some like real muscled up guys some dnt...I like ur name its th same as my sister

17 Dec
Thank you very much! :)
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Dec 18, 2013 8:01am

I agree with Hannah - what guys like is preference. Personally I prefer stronger women but I'm sure there are guys that don't. You need to do what you want and do what makes you healthy. The part that freaks me out about what he said is that it's "not nice" for you to lift. - Where does that come from?! The 1950s!? Do your pushups if you want to and forget what he said - and while you're at it, do your curls, overhead press and pull ups too! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51