How to lose belly fat for a 12 year old?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 8:10am
via iOS
Hi, I am 12 and I weigh 90 lbs and 5' 2 and I am desperate to lose belly fat! Please Recommend workouts, foods, etc. thanks
03 Jan
No..girls dont try to loose weight at this age,,,this fat is going to help in your growth as this is your growing age!
03 Jan
Please don't, you're perfect abs it's necessary fir developing, but if you want to tone, I'd suggest hula hopping and the ab ripper workout:-)
03 Jan
Also it can decrease breast size lol. Thought I'd add that
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 5:21am
via iOS
first off, its impossible to spot reduce, and i would suggest not to try and lose weight at this age unless youre overweight, which you are most certainly not. please eat at maintenance calorie wise, and just be mindful of your eating (developing good eating habits by making sure you get your fruits and vegetable, and try to keep a decent watch on protein) try and work out three times a week, simple cardio for 20 minutes at most, and eat when youre hungry and you should both grow healthier and have clearer skin among other great things.

you dont need to get obsessive over your eating right now, and trust your body. youll eat more some days and less on others because youre still growing. focus on being healthy, and please dont try to lose weight at this age, because youre still on a lower end of healthy body weight for your height and age. your tummy chub i doubt is that noticable, and even if it is its either bloating (solved by eating healthier things like yogurt and fruit) or youll grow out of it as you age.

starting to try and lose weight at this age will set up your metabolism to where it will be more likely for you to gain weight in the future, and puts you at a slightly higher risk for developing an eating disorder if you have the genetic predisposition. if you need to talk message me xoxo
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 11:01am
via Android

You definately dont sound like you need to loose weight my dear...

When you grow, your body redistributes fat. And you are still growing. By trying to elimate that fat, you deprive your body of what it needs to grow. Not to mention the plethora of other things it can cause.

Please just wait at least a few years before you target weight loss.... at twelve i was like 5'7" and 98 lbs (though i might have been a bit taller or shorter...)

You have a healthy weight and you dont need to change it.

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

At 12 years old your body is still growin' and changin'. You are not overweight, if you truly are havin' body image issues at this age then you need to talk to your parents or seek the school counselor before you do somethin' to damage yourself.

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 6:08pm
via Android

Please don't do anything. You're such a young age. IF you're really overweight (wich on your case not) then seek help from parents or doctor.
Be happy with yourself dear, you're beautiful! You are very welcome to kik me if you feel like talking to anyone
Kik: Melonie99
Take care!

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 4:56pm
via iOS
What's already been said is right. At your age your body is in a state of major change, and if you do anything drastic to lose weight right now you run the risk of long term damage. 

I had a crazy pot belly at your age, and I know how awful it can feel, I got made fun of every day changing for gym class. 

Something like the following is a reasonable plan:

1. Cut out junk food (but don't reduce calories you're eating, just get them from healthy food). 

2. Reduce salt intake (cutting junk food helps a lot with this). 

3. Strength train. Skimble has a good selection of body weight strength routines that take 30 minutes or less. Do one every day. Look for compound exercises like squats and pushups, these work several body parts at once. But keep in mind the trade off for a shorter workout is you have to push crazy hard the whole time. (I'd rather suffer for 20 min than be bored for 60.)

4. Remind yourself that your body is changing. I promise you if you focus on eating well and consistently working out your body is going to be healthy and fit. 
06 Jan
Thus is perfect. Add some cargo too keep metabolism stable. Engender to fuel your body. NO "DIETING"!! Balance your nutrients and eat healthy. Get plenty of rest.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 1, 2016 3:01am
I am also 12 I eat alot of fruits and veggies but I weigh 125 pounds is that fine? I'm about 5'1 tall
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 10:41am
via Android

I would advise you to eat more fruits and veggies. Eat when you are hungry, don't starve yourself. If you starve yourself your body will go into starvation mode and turn everything you eat into fat and store that fat in your body because your body will believe that it doesn't have a stable supply of nutrients. So please, please just eat healthy. Avoid sodas, don't eat food high in salt too often these are habits that if you start doing now, will help you with your health in the future.
You could join a sports team, or take dance classes or something fun to get exercise in but you are 90 lbs so i don't believe you have to lose weight. Your body is still growing and your brain is still developing and both will need nutrients.

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 10:42am
via Android

You are fine :)

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 3, 2016 9:12am

ya i agree with everybody reply over here...dont try anything now (i reckon now you are at 14).still you are in growing stage so let it go till 23 atleast. Then do the needy if you need.

16 Jun
I'm 12 too i eat lot of fruit and vegetables but i wheigh 50 kilos and i'm 165 cm

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51