Proteins and muscles

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 12:10am
via Android

So, I'm wondering, how to tone up my body and define some muscles like abs etc. In quick time.Also, how much proteins should take and when, before or after workout? And is it big difference if I take proteins from food and not whey proteins?

05 Jan
Well, whey protien is created in a lab, just as plastic products and chemicals are - food is natural - depends on what your preferences are
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 1:29am
Whey protien is the best to take right after a workout because it is high in branched chain amino acids, specifically lucine. However, if you are just a casual exerciser, consuming post workout protien is not absolutely necessary, though it will speed your recovery and improve your performance. A good alternative is chocolate milk because it has a good ratio of carbs to protien to promote recovery. You want to shoot for 20-25 grams of protien within two hours of your workout because your muscles absorb nutrients better in the first 2 hours. However, if you do decide to use a protien shake, drink it as soon as possible post workout, because it will stop the muscle breakdown and will begin revovery.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 2:47am
via Android

On protein if u not doing heavy weight lifting 3/4 gram for each lb u want to weigh is fine if u lifting weights start with 1 gram per lb your target weight

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51