Protein shakes

3 posts | Original | Recent
8 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 11:40pm
via Android

Ok so when working out & stuff are you suppose to drink protein shakes ? & is it the protein shakes that make you body look extra cut up?

07 Jan
Especially If you are doing a lot of weight training, protein is important. They are the building blocks of muscles. They help repair your muscles faster. It is important to chose the right protein supplement for your goals. Hope this helps!
19 Posts
Jan 8, 2014 12:05am
via Android

Go to a health food store, or a popeyes supplements and ask around there. They should have experts on their products. Reciews online also help a lot to find exactly what you want to use to achieve the type of body you want.

950 Posts
Jan 8, 2014 2:43am
via Android

Google "protein shakes" and other terms like "how to choose a protein shake" "best protein shake" and other terms.

Read blogs and articles. I am a little suspicious of the articles that have links to stuff they are selling..take those with a grain of salt.

At the stores when you ask, try to get an idea of why the person is recommending the product and whether their income is based on sales or hours.

Your best bet is to read a bunch on the topic. Find out about whey, rice, soy, and others (hemp, spirulina, cranberry seed, casein, beef, etc) and the pros and cons of each.

I use Sun Warrior Raw Vegan protein. The taste is def not as delicious as some commercial whey protein shake mixes, but it's all natural so I like that.

Really, you prob just want something that has a complete amino acid profile, and fits in your budget/lifestyle, and that your body can handle. Don't buy into the hype of these magic recovery powders or anything. Protein is protein. I try for completeness (all amino acids) and variety in my sources.

08 Jan
And yes, protein is for building muscle, which is what you want to do if you are exercising.
08 Jan
I'm trying to lose weight but also get a rock hard tummy so should I wait to do all of that? I don't wanna build a bunch of muscle yet... I wanna lose fat
08 Jan
Don't worry, you should build muscle. It helps burn more fat. A diet high in protein tends to also keep you more satisfied, so you can avoid those other foods. Building muscle while burning fat is ideal. Work your body hard, eat tons of veggies and lean protein. Seriously, if you only do cardio and don't do at LEAST two days a week of strength training you're missing out on some killer benefits.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51