What comes first

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 1:47am
via Android

Running on the treadmil or toning exercises. I know you have to lose fat first before you can tone. But I'm talking about during the actual work out session.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 1:58am
via Android

All cardio comes last. Especially if you want to burn more calories. The body has an "afterburner" effect, so you want to raise your heartrate at the end of your workout. Do your resistance training, put in 10 killer, high intensity minutes on the treadmill, and you will be burning more calories walking to your car,  driving home, and sitting on the couch watching honey boo boo than when you were actually working out. The body burns a crap ton of calories trying to get your body's temperature back to normal

10 Jan
That explains when I drank freshly brewed green tea in the morning b4 a workout I sweat more :D
10 Jan
Could be! Could also be the caffeine ;) I am a total advocate for green tea. I drink it religiously. I even drop kicked an old lady in the face just because I love green tea so much. Well, that never really happened. But given the opportunity, I just might.
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:00am
via Android

Great. Cuz I think I would be to tired to finish working out after intense cardio. Lol. Just keeping it real

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:33am
via Android

Good to know because I usually do cardio before I lift weights.

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 4:09am
via Android

I do a yoga or Pilates class then 30 minutes on the eliptical. If I do cardio first I'll be too tired to do yoga or Pilates class.

10 Jan
That's what I'm sayin. Ifbi do cardio first ima be to tired to do anything else.
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:02pm
via iOS
Normally I do cardio then followed by toning exercise
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:19pm
via Android

You should do what feels best for you. Studies of as late indicate cardio before resistance training give better results in fat los as in after. But thats all just things aside. If you feel good with doing cardio first, do it first. If you feel better with doing it after do it after. Its all about what you can do for a longer period. It also depends what kind of cardio and weighttrainig you are going to do. I believe the situation will call for different decisions, but doing what feels best always is the right one.

10 Jan
Thanks Rappa I prefer cardio first my body parts are too sore after lifting to feel like doing cardio haha

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51