Light headed and nauseous

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 9:32pm
via Android

Hello all. I have decided to make some life changes after years of extremely unhealthy living. My primary goal is to lose 200 lbs. I am severely obese and haven't the first clue about the best ways to start exercising. I am currently following the Atkins diet faithfully (day 6) and have discovered a hatred for big food companies and processed food in general (watch "Hungry For Change" on netflix). I found a couple basic routines to start with Wicked Warm Up Stretching and Beginner Blast Off. After completing those two workouts consecutively I immediately became nauseous and light headed. It was an unfamiliar feeling that I didn't enjoy much. I drank some water and had lunch, recovering fully about 1.5 hours later. Is this normal? I haven't exerted myself to that level of physical activity in a very long time. Any help or encouragement is appreciated.

10 Jan
Lots of water, take it slow to start with and take frequent short breaks.
10 Jan
It may take a little bit to get used to working out again. Just keep trying and don't give up!
10 Jan
Good job to you for your commitment and i am sure you will reach your goal. I would suggest you Start with 10 -15 mins casual workouts,3 times aweek gradually increase the minutes and the frequency,your body needs to adjust to these changes,eventually it will. Drink alot of water and rest after the workout.you can also create your workout to fit your profile,breaks and all. Goodluck and keep it up.
17 Jan
Start slowly, stay hydrated, and your iron may be low.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 9:58pm
via Android

Yeah I kinda figured that was the case. When you say breaks, do you mean I should pause the workout for a couple minutes or are you referring to the 10 second "breaks" incorporated into the workout?

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 10:26pm
via Android

Thanks y'all Sound advice.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 11, 2014 9:22pm
via iOS
I had the same thing happen to me. My trainer reassured me that it was normal. She did tell me to make I was hydrated and to eat something light about 45 minutes to an hour before exercising. It helped. Now I'll have a small apple or banana with a couple tablespoons of almond butter an hour before workout. I also will slow down my pace instead of completely resting. This helped me a lot. The main thing is to not give up. I didn't put the weight on overnight so I know it won't come off overnight. Slow, steady & consistent. 
Jan 11, 2014 9:22pm
via Android

Yeah that's normal, especially if your overweight.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2014 9:29pm
via Android

OK good I feel better now.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jan 11, 2014 9:33pm
via Android

Good for you... first dont let your self get fouled by documentaries... everything is good or bad depending on how you consume it and point of view amd trust me i know the food industry... for the rest eat what ever you want and just by your bmi... get a food and calorie app so you know how much you put in your body is better to lose half pound or one pound a week and feel good than go nuts... dont over do the excercise and yes pause catch a breath and go again a little a day is better than nothing you will see improvement and will be motivated... keep posting man.

12 Jan
Great tip on getting calorie counting app. My favorite is myfitnesspal. Track food (it has a great database of foods), exercises, water, and progress. I like that I can connect with my friends and help keep each other encouraged.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2014 6:56pm
via Android

Thanks Jeanette I'll check it out.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 6, 2014 10:13pm
via iOS
Isn't the Atkins diet low carb high protein?

If it is low carb, you should drink more water as your body will not be retaining as much water as before and could be dehydrated. You could also add some salt to a meal it helped me a few weeks ago when I was suffering with the same symptoms. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51