Workout first thing in the morning or not?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 2:19pm
via iOS
I've read articles on whether or not to workout first thing in the morning before eating. Will I burn fat and not muscle if I do this?
18 Jan
When you exercise you burn carbohydrates, fat and protein. The amount of each you burn depends on the intensity and duration of your exercises(more carbs are burned with short intense exercises, while more fat is burned with lower intensity but longer durations and proteins are typically burned last when the others become exhausted). If you wanted to workout first thing in the morning I would recommend having an energy bar, hand full of nuts, yogurt or something small. 1 it will jump start your metabolism and 2 will reduce the chance of your blood sugar dropping too low with exercising...
18 Jan
Thank you so much Brian for answering my question! Once a snack is consumed is there an exercise that will burn fat the most? Cardio or high intensity? I'm guessing breakfast should be eaten ASAP afterward? Is this correct: carbs burn first, then fat, then protein? Again thank you and sorry for the million questions after!
18 Jan
Cardio done at a lower intensity for a longer duration will burn more fat(take 220 - your age = x. Take x and multiply it by 50% and 60%. Those two values is what you want to keep your heart rate between to burn the most fat, the longer in that range the more fat you will burn). If you increase the intensity and your heart rate goes up your body will need every quicker and begin to burn more carbohydrates. Thats not to say your body won't still be burning some fats as well(and vice versa) its just that...
19 Jan
Thank you soo much!!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 11:30pm
via iOS
It really depends on you.... I work 4pm-12am or sometimes until 8am so I workout right before work.... To me it's easier to do it at the start of *your* day and get it over with.
19 Jan
Thank you girl! Ultimately yes! And something is better than nothing! I just want to maximize the fat loss! Thank you! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51