I'm hungry most of the time! :(

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 8:11pm
via iOS
Ok guys, so I've just started eating clean a few days ago. I've been recommend to take in 1900 cals a day. I'm 180cm & 234pounds.

Problem is I'm feeling hungry all the time, which makes my acid reflux play up.

what can you guys n gals recommend that I do/change?. Cheers
23 Jan
Water can be very filling! Drink a glass before you eat and try to eat slowly. If you feel like snacking you can always eat ice chips.
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:21pm
via Android

The math is wrong!!! To take get your daily caloric intake its bodyweight x 10 so its 234 x10 tht = 2340 calories a day... not 1900

23 Jan
Your not eating enough thts why your hungry you should be consuming 2340 calories a day
23 Jan
No hannah thats not how you should calculate
23 Jan
Tht is exactly how you calculate it to create a deficit its 2340-500 which is 1840 yet ths doesn't factor activity and if your trying to build muscle it doesn't factor tht in either... people eat far to less and starve themselves and struggle to meet their goals...our bodies tell us we are hungry for a reason...if you are hungry Eat !!! Your body is telling you your not getting enough....try adding 200 hundred calories to your clean diet and see what happens
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:32pm
via Android

1900 for a guy is pretty low in kcals. But if you want to lose it will work. What wont work ofc is feeling hungry.

What does a normal day of eating look like for you? Its to say like this.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:43pm
via Android

Figure out the ammount of calories you burn a day just by  resting and sleeping... should be about 2340 then your activities and workouts... having that daily number should give you a general idea of the ammount of food and calories yoh should eat... as far as you consume less calores than you burn you're good to go.

23 Jan
This is right. Well said!
23 Jan
Yea well said indeed! :-)
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:45pm
via Android

The amount of calories you should consume is based on several factors. Your weight and activity level are the two major factors that determine how much you should eat. A good place to get a good calculation for how much you should eat is the My Fitness Pal site at www.myfitnesspal.com. this I will also help you balance your clean macro nutrients. They also have a great mobile app. It is a great companion to WT.

23 Jan
Good advice!!! :-)
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:56am
via iOS
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try that myfitnesspal app & see how I get on.. What healthy snacks do you guys recommend between meals?. And what are ice chips? Sorry I'm british.
24 Jan
It might help if u eat up to six times a day in small portions. Just drink a glass of water before and after u eat! This method also helps speed up ur metablism!. But keeps u from feeling hungey
24 Jan
Healthy snacks, pumpkin seeds, jicama, cucumber, edamame beans, watermelon, air popped popcorn, any fruit frozen: grapes, strawberries, papaya, blueberries, raspberries, banana, etc., almonds work wonders filling you up!
25 Jan
Jade got any proof of it speeding your metobilism?
25 Jan
@Rappa its a fitness myth but sure wish it was true!!!! :-)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 2:03am
via Android

Aww me too but a salad before dinner and yup w a t e r works for me! then I tried apples but now I cant even look at one lol ..so I snack like on cucumbers with lime ..just try healthy snacks you don't have to starve!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 5:49pm
via iOS
I think you have underestimated your calories.  You also need to get lots of veggies especially dark greens everyday for nutrients and fiber.  If you are missing vitamins and nutrients yr body will respond by still searching out food.  Also make sure to get yr healthy fats in every meal.  Such as 1/2 an avocado, or 1 oz almonds, or tablespoon of extra Virginia olive oil or coconut oil.  Fat protein and fiber combo will keep hunger at bay:). Good luck:)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 9:19pm
via iOS
For ideas on healthy snacks you could do almond butter apple, a protein shake (fruit with whey protein), cucumbers with Greek yogurt, or dried fruit if you have a dehydrater, or a home made trail mix. 

You can also do a green smoothie the measurements to make one is 3:1 - three parts veggie and one part fruit as well as a healthy fat. 

Good luck! 
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 9:29pm
via iOS
All good ideas :). Add 1-2 tablespoon of ground flax to shakes or Greek yogurt for healthy dose of ALA and fiber.  Make sure yogurt has live active cultures written on the label.  Also a lot of yogurts add tons of sugar so it taste good so don't get those..  Added sugar will spike yr blood sugar and then later it bottoms out making u hungry.  Also chromium supplement, L Glutamine help stabalize blood sugar. As well as cinnamon and sweet potatoes:)
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 9:42pm
via Android

If your going by calorie counts try the Noom app to help!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 9:55pm
via iOS
Calorie count does help but insulin needs to stay lower.  Insulin is the storage hormone and if it is high yr body won't use fat effecientlu for energy.  Check out free podcast on iTunes "dishing up nutrition". You will LUV IT:)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 9:41am
via iOS
Dude your sooo not eating enough cal!!' No wonder your feeling starving!!! .. I've done a degree in nutrition and it's all about yur fitness too if yur wanting to lift you need to up yur cals n eat carbs yu need to fuel yur body other wise your going to crash hard! Eating clean n I mean strict clean you can never! Have enough veg! Fruit yur limited due to the natural sugar but you need to study up on what's right for your body n also your workout routine to be successful n stick at it :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51