Right workout

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 7:45am
via Android

Hi! I started doing insanity, but I didn't lose a single inch or kilo. So I stopped and I immediately lost 3 kg's within a week. I wanna know what workouts I can do that will still help me lose weight and get a tinned body. Help please?

30 Jan
Exercise alone will not help you lose weight. You have to eat right also. You probably didn't give the workout program you were using enough time. When you start a new exercise program you may not loose weight immediately; you might even gain weight because your body is fighting the change. Give it time. Good luck.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 8:06am
via Android

If you lost nothing with insanity then you were either a) not working hard enough and/or b)  not following the meal plan provided.  There is no way that anyone doing it right cannot lose anything

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 8:08am
via Android

Ok I'll try again...

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 8:09am
via Android

Ok thanks

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 8:23am
via Android

Agree with others here who suggest that working out alone won't do the trick. I heard that food is two thirds of the success.. only one third is exercise. I can see that on myself. I have been working out every day for a month now, burning about 400-500 calories a day on average. I count calorie intake and watch my carbs. On average I end up with under net 1000 calories/day (eat 1400, burn 500).. and I have only lost 3.5 pounds! I think that I may have gain some muscle because I am definitely more tight and my legs and arms are more defined so overall, I feel pretty good about the results so far.. I guess its a persistence game.. just stick with it long enough to see results you want.

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 12:29pm
via Android

Running, is the best weight loss tool...

Image_thumb
222 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 12:42pm
via Android

The first thing that usually happens is the body in response to new demands goes into defense mode and weight gain happens as a result. After a few days a sometimes a couple of weeks the body adapts and the new muscle and metabolic demands increase.

Hence your weight loss after the fact. Higher consumption of fluids and muscle growth and scarring is mostly the culprit. Like others have said eat clean and give the workouts at least a month. That's plenty of time for the body to adjust.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51