Help! Please!

3 posts | Original | Recent
85 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

My bmi is 27.3 so i need to lose 17 pounds to get it down to 24.9. Should I stick to cardio until I lose the 17 pounds before I try to gain muscle?

30 Jan
I was thinking about running three miles a day? Would that help. Or is 1.5 miles good plus thorty mins of things like ab work outs or other muscle work outs. Lol.
1 Post
Jan 30, 2014 5:44pm
via Android

Building muscle burns fat quicker

30 Jan
Your best bet is going to be at least a mile a day and then 30 minutes of HIT training! You want to keep that heart rate up, even weightlifting will help you shed some fat as long as you keep your rest periods to 15-25 seconds. Also keep your reps high of you do weightlifting! 12-20 would be a good rep range.
139 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 6:55pm
via Android

Simple answer is: Yes to your question.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.  The cardio will increase the calorie burn during the activity, while weight training(muscle building) will help burn more calories throughout the day.  If it were me I would alternate between cardio and abs one day and a total body weight training the other days

30 Jan
Plus do not forget healthy eating. Best results are 80% (if not higher) what you put into your body and 20% training

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51