getting aching shins after jogging?!?!

10 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Feb 7, 2014 12:55am
via Android

I recently have to give up my jogging, because no matter what I do, pre or post jogging stretching, walking/running, more walking that running w intervals, my shins make my stop and I have to take at least 1 week rest to start again. Any suggestions ?

13 Feb
It could be your shoes are broken down. I use to keep track of the miles on my shoes. I had 2 pair that I alternated, and at 500 miles I would stop working out in them.
Feb 7, 2014 1:12am
via Android

Are you tying your shoe laces tight enough? I know if you have them too loose you can get shin splints..good luck! :-)

45 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 2:24am
via Android

Take some ibuprofen and then just grind through your runs. In high school I got shin splints a lot and my running coach told me to do that and it worked great. If you do this your shins should stop hurting in about a week or so. I hope this helps you, and good luck

07 Feb
I've had shin splints before, and it is quite painful, the best thing I can tell you is to ice your shins and take some pain relievers like ibuprofen etc. :)
41 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 5:20am
via iOS
You can tape your shins to help releave the pain. Look up taping for shin splints on YouTube, I tape all my players and it seems to help along with stretching, ice, and meds.
11 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 5:32am
via Android

Compression gear works and ibuprofen to ease the pain. Make sure your running shoes are right for the arch of your foot and the way you plant your foot with your strides. I just changed my shoes, and it worked for me.

67 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 9:37am
via Android

U have to keep running

24 Posts
Feb 9, 2014 6:36am
via Android

Shoes!  The right running sneakers always help. Do you have enough cushion on the point of impact?

Icing, stretching, and taping also help. Good luck & don't give up on running.

09 Feb
100% agree
33 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 9:31am
via iOS
Best remedy! Run a teaspoon under cold water n press down on your shin repeat a few times everyday or before n after running ... What the pain comes from is the fat diposits on top of your shin Harding n rubbing on your bone .. So when you rub the spoon over it disperses them evenly and leavates the pain ., and go to a shoe Clinique for new shoes :)  hope it works let me know
37 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 11:33am
via Android

The best thing I have found is if you spell the alphabet with the top of your toes, it works good May take a couple of times

15 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 4:15pm
via Android

You need new shoes. I would get shin splints something awful. I went to a local running store, some stores like the new balance store have a machine that will do this, to get "fitted". I found out that I over pronate (I have low arches and my feet aren't level). I needed motion control shoes. I got the Brooks Beast, but most brands make them. I haven't had shin splints since. Google over and under pronate and you will find tons of info.

13 Feb
I agree, your shoes make a world of difference. I'm also over pronated and the shoes I have give more support where needed and level my feet when I run.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51