Is it normal?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 5:18pm
via Android

In the last two weeks I have changed how I workout quite a bit. Between 1/19/14 and 2/1/14 I gained about 10 pounds in the last 6 days I lost 5.8 lbs. Every other time I've started working out I've always just lost a pound or two over a couple weeks. These results seem dramatic to me. Is this normal? Was I just doing it wrong before?

07 Feb
It's normal when we make changes to our eating habits and workout routine so I wouldn't sweat it much early on
Icon_missing_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 7, 2014 5:44pm
via Android

Well, my mom told one time that its healthy to lose 2 pounds a week. If u lose more than that, then it could possibly be dangerous. This is just what she told me. If i were u, i wouldn't try to overdue any thing. Let your body adjust..... i hope this was helpful.

07 Feb
I don't thing i've been overdoing it. I started taking whey protein and changed the way I was working out form 2 short sets a a day (with 2 days off) to one long set a day (with 2 days off). I also increased my calorie intake be 200 a day.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Feb 8, 2014 2:31am
via Android

I wouldn't worry to much some of the extra weight may of just been water racing my motorcycle in the desert heat I would lose5 lbs in a day have it back in a day or so. Make sure u getting enough liquids when working out.

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Feb 8, 2014 2:36am
via Android

I lost about 30 lbs last spring losing 3 lbs a week on 1800 calories low carb high protein 4 to 5 days a week 45 minutes lifting weights working construction was my cardio

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Feb 8, 2014 2:45am
via Android

When you first make dramatic changes, it's normal to lose several pounds the first couple of weeks. You'll probably see it start to slow to about 2lbs per week. It's very difficult (and without proper guidance, can be dangerous or counterproductive - such as losing muscle) to continue losing that amount week after week after week.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51