Attn girls!When to take protein?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 14, 2014 2:16pm
via Android

I workout 5-6 days a week alternating cardio 3x and muscles the other days. I want to lose fat more than gain bigger muscles at the moment, but I know muscle burns more calories so I don't just do all cardio. I want to add protein powder to my diet but heard some people gained weight from it. To not gain weight do I just need to keep track of my total protein intake?

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Feb 14, 2014 4:12pm
via Android

Exactly Breona. Usually when you buy protein powder it letsĀ  you know how much is recommended daily. I currently drink Naturade Total Soy protein shakes as a meal replacement after I workout and I workout 5 to 6 days a week as well doing cardio & light weight lifting and I've been losing weight. I also eat 4 to 6 small meals a day. Good luck hopefully this helps : )

14 Feb
Thanks! It does help! :)
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 12:27am
via Android

To high of a protien intake want make you gain weight...the reason some do gain is they fail to stay within their daily caloric intake...as I'm sure you already knw most protien powders are not calorie free..as long as your getting your macro nutrients for protein fulfilled in a day u dnt need a powder but how ever you choose to fill your macro nutrient intake just make sure you stay in your caloric daily recommendation...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51