Just a beginner needing some advice

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 2:42pm
via Android

Hi guys,

I started going to the gym a week ago and am planning to do 4/5 days a week , 1 hour per day. Im generally slim but hate my thighs as theyre out of proportion to my thin top half. I have a wedding this summer and want to look good and feel good in my dress and on my honeymoon. Im scared that instead of losing fat on the thighs i will end up building muscle and make them look bigger. Im very very new on this getting fit thing and so any advice will be much much appreciated.

19 Feb
In order to burn the fat you need to gain muscle. Its just how it goes. The more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Just look up thighs under wrokouts and you'll find some great ones! I tried a new one the other day and my thighs are still sore! Just keep up with working out & your thighs will slowly dissapear. I hope i was a little help! Good luck! And congrats on getting married
19 Feb
Thanks alot Lacey, i wasn't aware of the muscle-fat correlation so will defo keep this mind :) im just a bit impatient and want to see results fast :)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 4:55pm
Hi Melike..congratulations 2a new begining..I had thunder thighs aswel so can totally relate..squats..lunges work well..also try doing 5/10 sets of surya namaskars every day..build up d reps as you progress..should help..
19 Feb
Thanks alot for the advice, ill defo be doing those and hopefully see progress :)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 1:34am
via Android

You're a beginner and your desired gym schedule sounds just a little ambitious. If you find yourself not sticking to the 5 days x1 hour schedule, don't get too frustrated or let your brain convince you that's any reason to do even less or quit. Listen to your body, find your natural progress curve, always push your limits but mildly enough that you don't hurt too much & convince yourself to quit, just so that you see steady progress. It's a life change, not a quick fix, so try to integrate it with your life in a sustainable manner.

Good luck!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 4:30am
Hi Patrick..totally agree..incorporating working out in2 our lives has to be 4 keeps..not just a passing phase to achieve a specific goal..as we breathe so should we exercise..
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 8:16am
via Android

Thankyou patrick :) some days i felt like not going and then felt guilty of being lazy, and still ended up going which meant not enjoying it. You're right i should take it step by step rather than pushing my body into something it can't manage and more important i cant enjoy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51