Push up improvement

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 12:37am
via iOS
Hello everyone! I am looking for any tips or tricks to improve my push and pull up rate. I know practice practice practice is key but are there any other excercises I should be doing to improve my strength in that area ? Thanks! :)
28 Feb
There are pushup specific apps that help you train to build up. I started using one today. Plus it provides motivation for me.
28 Feb
Do diamond push ups, if you can do those well, you can do a lot of different push ups with a lot less problems
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 12:42am
via Android

Breathe out through ur mouth as you push up.  Breathe in when you go down

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 3:16am
via Android

Bench press, flies, shoulder press, power cleans, military press - any upper body exercises will help you build the strength you need

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 1:46pm
via Android

Get a deck of cards lay it face down , pick a card whatever number you pick thats how many reps you have. Do that until you go through the whole deck only 10-15 second breaks

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 2:07pm
via Android

Do shoulder work, and arm work.. make sure you keep proper form when doing push ups for best results..after you burn out, do wall or knee push ups..

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 9:27pm
via Android

Do cobra pushups, like from your waist. They're very easy, that's why you do really high reps (like 60). It's a good way to strengthen the pushups muscles.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51